108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Edit Hardware Config in OneView

SOLVED
Go to solution
strecksh
Occasional Contributor

Edit Hardware Config in OneView

Shouldn't you be able to edit the hardware details like server name in OneView and then it changes it on the iLO of the machine ?When I go to the iLO of the server it says it's being managed remotely and local changes won't be synced properly with OneView, but when I go to edit the hardware in OneView it displays the licensing page like the one you originally see when you add new hardware. It has HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO selected and says 0 licenses available and when I select OK nothing happens and I cannot edit any info of the server. All the servers have valid licenses so I'm not sure if I need a different type of licenses or what. Or maybe I am miunderstanding what OneView can do. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello @strecksh , and welcome to the HPE OneView community.

You are not able to edit server hardware from OneView in this way.  The Server Name is derived from the OS Hostname that is pulled from iLO either from the AMS agent, iLO Channel Interface Driver, or is manually set within the iLO.  The server resources Name property is derived from either the Enclosure name (if BladeSystem or Synergy), or the IP Address/FQDN of the iLO is (for DL, ML, Apollo and Superdome Flex). And this property cannot be changed, with the exception of Synergy.  Which you do that by changing the hosted Enclosure name within the Enclosures inventory view.

You can edit the personality of a server by creating and applying a server profile.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

strecksh
Occasional Contributor

Interesting, so the edit hardware button just selects the type of license you have? Otherwise that's the answer I was looking for thanks

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The Edit action was recently added to provide customers the ability to upgrade from OneView Advanced without iLO Advanced to just a OneView Advanced license.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo