1753769 Members
5165 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP OneView 2.0 Hardware monitoring

Mr_MikaelJ

HP OneView 2.0 Hardware monitoring

Hello!

We are currently looking into HP's OneView for hardware monitoring and firmware deployment.

I am under the impression that OneView is supposed to be able to monitor hardware. (Without any special license)
However, when there is a hardware issue in one of my servers, OneView does not show it in any way.
I have tried pulling out a disk from the server, and while it generates an alert in the iLO page, it does not make it into oneview.

We also have a server with a faulty DIMM, this one also appears in the iLO GUI, but not in OneView.
Have I misunderstood the sales documents, or is this a feature that got lost on the way to 2.0 ?

Best Regards Mikael

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: HP OneView 2.0 Hardware monitoring

Can you provide more detail on what platforms and generation you are trying to Monitor?  Also, plese know that Firmware mangement via HPE OneView is an Advanced feature, and requires an Advanced License.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Mr_MikaelJ

I am aware of the advanced license, the firmware management part works beautifully. 

The devices I am trying to monitor are a mix of blade servers and DL's 
Many are gen8 , some are gen9 and some are old.
I have done testing on gen8 and 9 , but none seem to give me any form of notice when hardware fails.

From your answer, I am assuming this is actually supposed to work, but isnt? 

Is there any requirements on the OS side? 
I would like to rely as little as possible on the OS drivers / plugins, and use only iLO for monitoring, the firmware part is under control :) 

GVKadian
Occasional Visitor

ALso iam facing hardtime in integrating One view with Nimsoft and IBM NOI. how can this be accomplished. urgent help is highly appreciated.