8880 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP OneView port configuration

Jacob_Just
Occasional Advisor

HP OneView port configuration

Hi

Is it possible to change the port configuration on the OneView server, we would like to configure another port for smcb instead of 5671.

Best Regards

Jacob

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Hello, and welcome to the HP OneView Commutiy Forums.

Unfortunately, that is not supported or possible.  Can you help me better understand why would you need or want to change the SCMB TCP port?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Jacob_Just
Occasional Advisor

Hi

This is because of a firewall setup, we dont have OneView and our software on the same network.

Best Regards

Jacob

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Well, there are specific ports that are required for OneView to operate.  Is there a security reason why the OneView appliance cannot be on the same management network as the infrastructure it is managing?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Jacob_Just
Occasional Advisor

In this specific case it´s our QA team located at a different location, but I could imagine large customers to have the same isuue.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I do work with some of the largest Fortune 500 customers, and modifying the appliance TCP ports has not become an issue, or request.  We do value feedback from all sources, and I'll provide yours back to the product team.  But as it stands today, the default ports configured in HP OneView cannot be modified.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo