1748195 Members
4632 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE OneView Alert messages

JP_Conklin
Advisor

HPE OneView Alert messages

Is there any way of suspending monitoring on just one server in OneView? The problem I have is I have a script running that generates ticker though HP Service Manager and if I do not address a warning right away I may get 30 – 40 tickets for the same issue over night! This weekend I have over 300 tickets from 2 different servers. I also have the same issue with the email notifications. I currently have 37,469 emails and only 120 servers

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Have you looked at creating a custom filter for just the alerts and their type you want/need?  We totally understand OneView needs to have a "maintenance mode" of sorts, in order to supress alerts during simple tasks like say "rebooting a server".

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

JP_Conklin
Advisor

Yes, I have email filters setup.  The problem is that i get duplicate alerts. I am changein my Python script to look at 'oeid' (original event identification)  instead of instance.

JP_Conklin
Advisor

I have fixed my Python script by changing 'instance' to 'oeid'.  That way if a duplicate event opens for the same device, BEM will deduplicate the new event into the old one (if the old one is still open) instead of opening a new ticket.

The email is still spamming me, with no resoultion in sight i just am forward all OneView email to a seperate folder. In 2 weeks I have 5965 emails from 3 different servers.