1753368 Members
4993 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Is that possible forecast or get an alarm about SSD disk status

baber1
Regular Advisor

Is that possible forecast or get an alarm about SSD disk status

I have 3 SSD disk on my DL580 G10 server . Since SSD disk has specifc endourance time , want to know is there any tools or monitoring that can alarm for example you SSD disk will be disable or fail as soon as .

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Since you have a Gen10 server, iLO5 does offer an SSD wear API that you can query.  OneView will support this API in the next release, in which you can query the server hardware resource via the HPE OneView REST API for SSD wear data.  Gen9 and older does not have an API.  The only way to view that data is with ssacli, which needs to be installed on each host.  Or you can install SSA Administarator GUI.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

baber1
Regular Advisor

Is that your means in the next version of oneview it will be show alarm and announce also forecast earlier that my SSD disk will be fail earlier ? what is next version and when will be release ?

baber1
Regular Advisor

Would you please more help me about that ? now I have installed esxi on my hosts . how can use that tools ? how can test it ?

baber1
Regular Advisor

Would you please help me ?

AmRa
HPE Pro

HPE OneView is a virtual appliance running on the supported hypervisor hosts (VMware vSphere ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V and KVM.)

HPE OneView lets businesses simplify and automate today’s complex hybrid IT infrastructure. Through software-defined intelligence, HPE OneView takes a template-driven approach for deploying, provisioning, updating, and integrating compute, storage, and networking infrastructure. Designed with a modern, standards-based API, HPE OneView also helps users develop applications faster through integrations with a broad ecosystem of third-party management services and tools.

You can download HPE OneView trial software from below link.

https://www.hpe.com/emea_europe/en/resources/integrated-systems/oneview-trial.html

For more information please refer HPE OneView Deployment and Management Guide

https://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-a00064085en_us-1.pdf

IMPORTANT: Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends that you deploy the HPE OneView virtual appliance on ahypervisor environment that is dedicated to management functions and separate from the production hypervisorenvironment.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

We just released HPE OneView 5.20 back on May 15th.  That release offers the ability to review the SSD alert state for a Gen10 server that contains SSD's.  This is not available for Gen8 or Gen9 servers due to the lack of proper API's from those generations.

The server will generate a pre-failure alert for SSD's that OneView would then be able to report when triggered.  We do not currently have a UI to report the current wear gauge for SSD's regardless of the platform today.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

baber1
Regular Advisor

I am using HPEone view 5.20 and my servers are G10 now it will be automatically detect and show prefailure on SSD disk ? or had to do specific configure on hpeone  view and G10 servers?