HPE OneView
1752782 Members
6407 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Moving blades between c7000's in OneView without reseting any settings?

MattGG
Advisor

Moving blades between c7000's in OneView without reseting any settings?

I have 3 x c7000 chassis' being managed by an instance of OneView.   I need to resdistribute the 32 production blades (ESXi) between chasiss' equally.   Subsuquently I need to move multiple blades between the enclosures.   I would like the blades to power up in the new chassis without any changes.  Blades are not using using from SAN (SD cards + LUNs presented to ESXi).

I have read the affinity settings section of the OneView docs,  but it is not clear to me what happens when  moving blades between chassis?

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview1.2/cic/en/content/s_profile_overview-fusion.html

Thanks,

-MattGG

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Moving blades between c7000's in OneView without reseting any settings?

As long as the Server Profile is assigned to the same original Server Hardware, not all of the Server Profile settings will be deployed. Firmware will not be redeployed. BIOS Settings will be redeployed. We keep track of the servers UUID and Serial Number in the OneView DB.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BrandonK13
Collector

I'm working with a customer now that is migrating several chassis in to oneview. However, one of their next projects will invovle moving blades between the chassis. If we apply the same profile will the server keep the same WWN when it's moved?

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

hi 

if the server are all in the same Encluser Group you can move betwen the c7000

is the new version Of OV you can olso move betwen diffrent groups olso