7964 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: One View 2.007 upgrade from 1.20

dan_pa
Occasional Advisor

One View 2.007 upgrade from 1.20

Hello,

Approx how long will it take to perform an upgraded from 1.20 to 2.007 ?  I have an environment that has 13 managed enclosurs and approx 45 monitored enclosures

thanks, dan

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

To answer your question will all depend on what version of 1.20 you are upgrading from.  If you are on any other version that 1.20.08, I would strongly suggest you open a support case with L2, so they can help review your appliance to make sure there are no pending gotchas that will prohibit you from upgrading your appliance.

I hate recommending that, but we have had a number of upgrades go bad due to a number of conditions that can't be controlled without going to a patch revision before going to 2.00.  This is not the default method or norm to upgrading an HPE OneView appliance version.

Also, any path you choose, grab both an Appliance Support Dump AND an Appliance Backup file.  Both of those are going to be key to have IF something goes wrong during the upgrade.  Do know that IF something does, your infrastructure will stay operational.  You will lose reporting, health monitoring and configuration changes until the upgrade process has completed.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

dan_pa
Occasional Advisor

THank you for the reply,  we went from 12.07,  It took 1.5 hr to complete...thankfully without incident.  We did experience blade ILO's not communicating with the appliance, so far resetting the ILO corrects this. 

dan_pa
Occasional Advisor

i need to update a few ILO4's to 2.40, doing this via the OA CLI or each blades ILO should be ok correct?

Dont believe there is a way to do just the ILO via Oneview, is there?