1748177 Members
4386 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

[One view DCS Simulator] Unable to add ressources

ju3805

[One view DCS Simulator] Unable to add ressources

Good morning all,

i downloaded One view demonstration appliance from our partner portal and followed the demonstration guide:

I took this one: HPE_OneView_5.00_ESXi_Z7550-96598.ova

Currently Running on my ESXi : Dell-ESXi-6.5.0-4564106-A00 (Dell)
Server hardware:
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Poweredge R410
8 CPUs x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
16GB RAM

All is running fine until the 'Add ressources' steps.
When i add SAN Manager through the ip mentionned in the Demonstration Appliance Guide, it tell me that this one is unreachable.
So i tried to type in the url mentionned in the guide, to verify devices that could be added in this demonstration appliance.
https://[appliance]/dcs-status and it return an error 404 'Ressource not found'

Did i miss something ?

Please Help

5 REPLIES 5
jsm6
HPE Pro

Re: [One view DCS Simulator] Unable to add ressources

Hi,

Were you able to ping the IP from OV?

Did you try to reboot the appliance and checked again?

Thanks

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Broomer
Occasional Advisor

I have the same issue. After the Check Hardware I see 21 servers and other objects but no networks. I logged in via SSH and try to ping 172.18.15.1 but no response. Pinging one of the 172 subnet IP addresses which I found on the DCS-Status page are responding well.

I can also not add any networks and networksets 

the only thing I see in the network section are 3 groups of 6 interconnects.

did I do something wrong? I have setup the DCS three times now with the same result.

Broomer
Occasional Advisor

@jsm6 Can you advise me please? Pinging gives no result, reboot also not. Version 4.2 and 5.0 same issue. Tried in HostOnly and bridged.

I must do something wrong, because otherwise a lot more complaints would be in thos forum.

JohnJHutch

Hi,

Has there been any update around this? I've just installed the v5 DCS and have no hardware present, with previous versions there was a PDF that gave you additional information and also a status page where you could see how the DCS was configured but I have neither of these.

Thanks

MaheshGurav

Where did you downloaded the Simulator. I also have access to the partner portal, but unable to find any links for downloading it.