4706 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView 2.0: Can't edit or delete Directories

darwine
Occasional Contributor

OneView 2.0: Can't edit or delete Directories

Hello,

I have issue with editing and deleting authentication directories in OneView. When I try to do it, I see errors below:

Operation failed due to an internal error.
Retry the operation.

Could you help me with that please?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: OneView: Can't edit or delete Directories

same here. anybody from HP has any update?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

This is just becoming a known issue, but no resolution.  I would suggest anyone affected by this to please open a Support Case.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

hase3d
Occasional Visitor

Hello, wanted to check here before opening a support case.. 

is there any known fix for this problem? 

Br

Henrik

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please open a support case for resolution to your issue.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Luke Hsieh
Occasional Advisor

Hi guys, our HPE rep informed us that this issue is due to Customer Advisory c04948824 http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04948824&lang=en-us&cc=us

Issue is due to configured directory server cert has empty subject field.  So the resolution is to wait for HPE to release new OneView, or workaround to delete the directory configuration with REST API.  You should be able to add new directory configuration - as long as your new server's cert has a non-empty subject field.

I do have a case in with HPE for the initial issue, but it's turned into me asking them for trying to help me figure out how to authenticate via REST API so I can remove the directory configuration.  The rep's escalated to level 2 but it's been about a week since I put the case in.  It's so slow getting any help :/

My other issue is the empty subject field in our DC cert.  I've also been trying to ask our guys if we can do something about that, but getting a lot of resistance since we don't seem to have in-house real certificate experts.

Luke Hsieh
Occasional Advisor

OK so further browsing on this forum I have found that Chris Lynch is maintainer of the OneVview Powershell github.  From my cursory read of the Powershell tools, it basically calls the REST API similar to the web method.  I installed the tool, and tried to follow the REST API commands listed in the customer advisory article by running 

send-hpovrequest -uri "/rest/logindomains" -method get

I get uri of "/rest/logindomains/2" is the directory configuration in my appliance.  So then I try to delete by

send-hpovrequest -uri "/rest/logindomains/2" -method delete

And I get exactly the same error as the GUI

send-hpovrequest : Operation failed due to an internal error. Operation failed due to an internal error.

So I'm back to square one.

Luke Hsieh
Occasional Advisor

FYI I finally got a response back from HPE Support and they walked me through how to connect to my OneView via RESTAPI from the browser and I was able to delete the previously configured Directory.  Here are the steps

1. Change your OneView default authentication to the local.  Also make sure to log onto your OneView with Firefox once - and you accept/trust any self-signed cert of your OneView appliance (if applicable)
  2. Grab "RESTClient, a debugger for RESTful web services" add-on for Firefox.  Restart FF and click on RESTClient icon in toolbar.
  3. Add following Custom Headers
    Content-Type: application/json
    X-API-Version: 1.20
  4. Fill in address of https://[youroneviewserver]/rest/login-sessions (where [youroneviewserver] is the name/IP of your OneView appliance), change METHOD to POST
  5. Fill in the following into the Body box, where [administrator] and [password] are your local administrator account.  You need the squiggly brackets and the double quotes.
    {
    "userName":"[administrator]",
    "password":"[password]"
    }
  6. Click on SEND, and you should get Status OK 200.
  7. Click on Response Body (Preview) tab, copy the long string for SessionID without the quotes.
  8. Create a new Custom header as following
    Auth=[long_SessionID_string_from_step_7]
  9. Change METHOD to GET and update your URL to https://[youroneviewserver]/rest/appliance/version and click on SEND.  You should get a response with version in the Response Body.
  10. Follow the directions in http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04948824&lang=en-us&cc=us to GET and DELETE your logondomains.

Yea this just lets you delete Directory setting, so you can add a new one.  If your new DC cert still has empty subject field, you still won't be able to edit/delete Directory from GUI until HPE releases a new OneView.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please check out the Remove-HLOVDirectory from the HP OneView PowerShell library. A link to it is in this forum, stickied at the top.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo