108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OneView 3.0: Connection to remote backup location fails

SOLVED
Go to solution
jwe
Frequent Advisor

Re: OneView 3.0: Connection to remote backup location fails

Yes, the ssh host key from the backup target is used. Using a wrong key generates different errors. 

jwe
Frequent Advisor
Solution

A brief update regarding this issue:

HPE support has confirmed this issue. It's documented in a new Customer Advisor:

Advisory: HPE OneView 3.X - Remote Backup Setup Will Fail with a Connection Timed Out Message If the Password Prompt Is Not In Lowercase Letters

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00027753en_us&hprpt_id=HPGL_ALERTS_1984023&jumpid=em_alerts_us-us_Sep17_xbu_all_all_1280645_1984023_ServersEnterpriseSoftware_recommended__/

If the linux/unix system returns something like "Password" (starting with an uppercase letter), OneView will not recognize this and finaly a timeout will ocure.

Hopefully, this will be fixed in an future release, since customzing the prompt message is not possible for all linux versions.

regards

rdctech
Regular Visitor

Hi.

Im having the same issue. Oneview 3.1.

I have checked the advisory mentioned above and that is not an issue.  "password" is all lowercase.

I can SCP to my backup target using the username and password used in the backup settings.

I think this has not been solved.