3530 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView 4.0 - Auto discovery for DL/ML/Apollo

Aaron Phillips_1
Occasional Contributor

OneView 4.0 - Auto discovery for DL/ML/Apollo

Hello all,

This last week I upgrade to OneView 4.00.05 and one of the most antisipated new features was the ability to Auto discover iLOs.

Quote from current Quickspec "What's new" section

Auto discovery for DL/ML/Apollo servers provide auto discovery of server resources based on IP range pinging. Discovered iLOs are added as Managed or Monitored.

I have not been able to find out how to do this.

Any help is appreciated.

Aaron Phillips
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The "Auto Discover" feature isn't the same, nor will it provide the exact same functionality as the Auto Discovery task found in HP SIM/Insight Control.  When you navigate to Server Hardware and select the Add Server Hardare option, the single text field is replaced with a multi-line text box where you can supply multiple server IP Addresses and/or hostnames.  Each iLO must have the same user credential configured, as you cannot specify unique credentials for each host.  This executes once, and not as a scheduled task.  There is no intention to provide a scheduable feature within HPE OneView.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Ralph1969
Advisor

Hi,

I didnt ungrade yet but base on your post, I'm kind of confused here.....

My definition of auto discovery is to provide a range of IPs or Vlan and it will auto discover  any DL\ML\Apoolo in the specified range. 

Where's the auto in auto discover if I have to specificly specified the IP or Hostname?!?!?
Dont get me wrong it a nice feature to be able to fill out all the Hardware in one step but it seems to be missing the auto fonction

Save the cheerleader save the world....
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The automatic part is when you supply a range of addresses, or hostnames, the appliance will detect the resource, and then attempt to manage or monitor it. You can provide the exact same range multiple times, and the appliance will go through the same process again, and pull in new compute resources that were added on your network (excluding HPE BladeSystem and Synergy). The behavior is the same as what was possible within HP SIM. What is not possible, and not part of this feature is the ability to schedule the execution.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Ralph1969
Advisor

Thanks for the clarification

Save the cheerleader save the world....
mikael sehstedt
Occasional Contributor

If this dosent work in the gui, can it bee achived with other metods ? scripting maybe ?

regards

/Micke