1753813 Members
7719 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView 4.0 Login/Certificate Issue

SteveSC
Occasional Contributor

OneView 4.0 Login/Certificate Issue

Since our OneView Appliance was updated to 4.00.07.02-0334467  we have not been able to login with domain credentials. We believed we had narrowed this down to the Root CA using the "RSASSA-PSS" algorithm but this has since been recetified and all certificates in the chain are using "SHA256WITHRSA" algorithm. This entire certificate chain has been installed aswell.

However when trying to login with domain credentials we still get the following error:

"Unable to establish trusted communication with the server. The directory server certificates signature algorithm is not supported by OneView in the current security mode. Refer to OneView and directory server user documentations to know more about the certificate signature algorithms supported by each system in the various security modes. Set up the directory server with a certificate having signature algorithm that is supported by OneView in its current security mode. After setting up the directory server with the certificate as specified, add the directory server certificate into the OneView."

When I go to Settings>Security>Edit>Directories and try to make any changes to the dirctory servers or make no changes and click ok I get the error:

"Secure connection to the device or server failed because the connection could not be negotiated at the desired level of security.

Check if the device or server is compliant with the appliance cryptography mode."

When I go to Settings>Security>Manage Certificates and attempt to add a certificate using IP or hostname I get the following error:

"Secure connection to the device or server failed because the connection could not be negotiated at the desired level of security.
HANDSHAKE_FAILED_DETAILS

Resolution Check if the device or server is compliant with the appliance cryptography mode."

Has anyone experienced these errors before or have any ideas on how to progress investigation forward?

2 REPLIES 2
BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Re: OneView 4.0 Login/Certificate Issue

Hi @SteveSC 

The error could be misleading. 
Can you open a support case on this problem with a support dump?

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: OneView 4.0 Login/Certificate Issue

Hello 

This is needed investigation. Please raise a support ticket with HPE along with latest support dump.

Thanks,

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo