HPE OneView
1748028 Members
4954 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView 4.10.03 - Downloaded 10/12 but no longer available in SW Depot?

SOLVED
Go to solution
PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

OneView 4.10.03 - Downloaded 10/12 but no longer available in SW Depot?

Last Friday 10/12 I was able to download the OneView 4.10.03 Update file from the SW Depot - filename HPE_OneView_4.10.03_Update_Z7550-96546.bin .  I was planning to install this update today, but when I look at the SW Depot this morning, that 4.10.03 Update version/file is no longer available for download.  What is the explanation for this?  Was it intentionally removed because4 there a problem with the file?  Is this update version being recalled?

Interestingly, I also downloaded the HPE Composer 4.10.03 Update (Z7550-96544.bin) from the "Electronic Download" link on the HPE SYNERGY SOFTWARE RELEASES - OVERVIEW page and THAT is still available for download.

So the Synergy Composer version 4.10.03 is still publicly available for download but the OneView vm appliance version 4.10.03 is not.  Can someone from HPE clarify what is going on with OneView/Composer 4.10.03?

6 REPLIES 6
DanCernese
HPE Pro
Solution

The 4.10.03 release had upgrade-related fixes specific to each platform (OVA and Synergy).  It turns out that late Friday afternoon that one of the critical OVA upgrade fixes is believed not to have been fixed properly, which could result in some customers upgrading for no positive result and perhaps even hitting the condition the upgrade was meant to fix.  That specific issue has never been encountered on Synergy and there are Synergy-specific fixes that will benefit upgrading customers.

We'll sort this out soon.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Dan - I appreciate the quick response!

DanCernese
HPE Pro

The issue has been sorted.  The files for 4.10.03 will be restored.  The caution learned is that the VM's memory size must be exactly 16GB (no smaller and no bigger) otherwise there's a strong chance the upgrade may fail.  The support pages will take a few days to propagate worldwide.

Sorry for the delay.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

Dan - great info - so does that mean I can use the HPE_OneView_4.10.03_Update_Z7550-96546.bin file I already downloaded, so long as I am applying it to a OneView 4.10.01 appliance vm that has exactly 16 GB RAM?  Or are new/different 4.10.03  files being released?

DanCernese
HPE Pro

Yes Patrick, you may proceed with the bits you already have.  Nothing was changed other than publishing a Customer Notice explaining the situation. The memory constraint will be addressed in a near-future patch update.

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Dan.