HPE OneView
1748284 Members
3500 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Oneview 4.10 - want to supress alert mails for a while for a particular server..

SOLVED
Go to solution
IvH
Occasional Advisor

Oneview 4.10 - want to supress alert mails for a while for a particular server..

Hi!

I keep getting these messages from OneView - forwarded from a server:

"Cache module board backup power source status is failed for controller located in Smart Array P244br RAID in Slot 0."

I know what to do - I've received the part, but I will not be able to fix the issue until I'm back from summer vacation.

I've tried to put ILO in maintenance for 2 weeks (via Remote support - Service Events), but the mails still keep coming every 40 minutes from Oneview.

Is there a (reasonable) way to stop these messages arriving in my mailbox?

Regards

Ivar

IvH
1 REPLY 1
Paul_J_K
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Oneview 4.10 - want to supress alert mails for a while for a particular server..

At present there is no specific way of suppressing those alerts which are triggered by the SNMP protocol. This is a common feedback which is being worked on so that something can be implemented in future versions.

Some improvements which are already in Oneview 4.20, however this may not completely address what you requested as for now.

The default selection for alert criteria under Settings > Notifications > Add Alert Email Filter is
changed from All alerts to All critical or warning alerts.
To receive notifications for all alerts, make sure that the alert criteria selected is All alerts.

Reduces the number of alerts generated by HPE OneView during typical lifecycle operations to help
the administrators focus on the critical alerts.

Alerts suppressed during a firmware update
The alerts are suppressed during the software and firmware updates for server hardware. These alerts
are suppressed during the installation phase of the firmware update mechanism. The alerts occur
when iLO and other hardware components reset during the firmware update.

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo