HPE OneView
1752861 Members
3875 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView 5.2 - No server hardware type for Gen10 !!

MYK40
Occasional Contributor

OneView 5.2 - No server hardware type for Gen10 !!

So, I am not sure if am missing something or if it's due to the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.2, but is there a reason when I look at the Server Hardware Type, it only show Gen8 and Gen9, none of my Gen10's are populating.

When I compared them, the Server Hardware Type field is showing "none" on all the Gen10's unlike the other Gen8, & 9 models.

Checked ILO 5 firmware on a few of our GEN10's and they are 2.12 and 2.14.

Is there a reason for this? Any help is appreciated it.

4 REPLIES 4
Geoff Schunicht
HPE Pro

This is not an expected nor known behavior, First try a refresh for these server, follow any instructions if there are errors reported. If that cannot be resolved, please log a support case so additional diagnosis can be made. Thanks 

I work for HPE.
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Are these Gen10's monitored? If so this is expected behavior as we made that change a while ago. Not sure why you would just now be seeing this behavior.

If managed, and with a OneView Advanced license type assigned, then I would suggest the process Geoff laid out.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

MarioE
Valued Contributor

I see the same behavior.
I only have "monitored" servers in HPE OneView.

The system seems to know the server hardware type:

> Get-HPOVServerHardwareTypes

Name Model Form Factor Adapters
---- ----- ----------- --------
DL360 Gen9 1 ProLiant DL360 Gen9 1U
DL380 Gen10 1 ProLiant DL380 Gen10 2U
DL380 Gen9 1 ProLiant DL380 Gen9 2U
DL380p Gen8 1 ProLiant DL380p Gen8 2U

I don't understand why the Gen10 servers in the GUI of the HPE OneView can't display the server hardware type (showing "none"), because all other types are displayed.
Is there any particular reason why this was "deleted" on "monitored" server?

Type.jpg

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@MarioE becuase the Server Hardware Type is irrelevent for Monitored servers.  That is not a bug, but expected behavior we changed to for Gen10.  When you add Gen10 servers as Managed resources, then a Server Hardware Type will be created, as that is an important resource for defining Server Profiles.

What are you expecting to work if a monitored server did report its Server Hardware Type, regardless of generation?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo