New Discussion

Re: OneView Alert Mails - Filtering out Multiple Conditions

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

This did not seem to work for me:

status:critical status:warning NOT alertTypeID:Trap.cpqNic3ConnectivityLost alertTypeID:Trap.cpqNicAllLinksDown

When I set it to that, I could not receive any emails alerts including that test alert generated from the iLO.  When I changed it to this:

status:critical status:warning NOT alertTypeID:Trap.cpqNic3ConnectivityLost NOT alertTypeID:Trap.cpqNicAllLinksDown

Then I could at least receive the test alert.  Going to leave it at this for a while and see how it works for actual alerts.

Thanks

NK

sbr140

Any updates to documentation I have been missing. We are running 4.2 the DOCS are still bad.

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if this will help, but instead of trying to filter the alerts in the API call, I just extract all of the active alerts to a file, then filter then with standard shell commands.  This is on a Linux system.

# Get active alerts:
ACTIVE=$(curl --insecure \
              --header "X-API-Version: ${currentVersion}" \
              --header "auth: ${sessionID}" \
              --request GET "${OneView}/rest/alerts?start=0&count=-1&filter="\%22alertState+EQ+%27Active%27%22")
URIS=$(echo ${ACTIVE} | jq -r'.' | grep uri\"\: | grep -v count | awk '{ print $2 }' | cut -d, -f1 | cut -d\" -f2)
declare -A URI
i=0
for f in $(echo ${URIS}); do
   URI[${i}]=${f}
   ((i++))
done
j=${i}
i=0
DAT=$(date '+%d-%m-%Y')
while [ ${i} -lt ${j} ]; do
   if [[ ${URI[${i}] != *"AlertChangeLog"* ]]; then
      echo 'i = ${i}"
      curl --insecure \
           --header "X-API-Version: ${currentVersion}" \
           --header "auth: ${sessionID}" \
           --request GET ${OneView}${URI[${i}]} | jq -r '.' | tee -a alerts-${DAT}
   else
      echo "This URI is invalid in this context"
   fi
   ((i++))
done
cat alerts-${DAT} | jq -r '.description,.correctiveAction,.uri,.severity,.alertState,.resourceUri,.associatedResource.resourceName'

I can pipe that to grep or whatever I am looking for.

SullivanMarkA
Occasional Visitor

This guidance does NOT seem to work for, "alertTypeID:server-hardware.opStatus.nandIssueDetected."
Need to filter these errors to ID crit issues not of this type in OneView, and if possible would like to filter from SMTP alerts.

OneView verion 5.20.01-0420365
iLO 4 version 2.75
Have already tried all steps in Document ID: c04996097

Any help would be appreciated.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@SullivanMarkA , I believe you are including an invalid item in the alertID value.  Remove server-hardware, as that is a category, not alertTypeID.  You can validate this by looking at the alert resource object, then expanding Details and looking at the alertTypeID field.  Can you provide a screenshot of the alert you are trying to filter, including the expanded Details section?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo