1751971 Members
4765 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView Email Notifications

Chris_L1
Advisor

OneView Email Notifications

I am trying to set up email notifications in OneView - but cannot find how to set up email as follows:

Servers hosting application 1 go to administrators of application 1

Servers hosting application 2 go to administrators of application 2

Servers hosting application 3 go to administrators of application 3

As it is - it appears that administrators for all applications get email notifications for all servers.  This would result in lots of unnecessary email for everyone.

Also - how can I set specific errors (ie specific hardware issue such as a bad hard drive) to go to specific groups?

I have looked for documentation but have not found anything except a few blurbs on how to set up email and basic filters.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

SMTP resource filtering is based on the Smart Search values you could use when searching the appliance.  Basically, it is a filter that is run against the appliance Index.  So, if you were wanting to look for some Servers in a specific enclosure,  you could use the following filter:

name:Enclosure1

If you wanted to search for activity of a resource or resources that match a particular string, you can use this filter:

name matches Enclosure\*, category:tasks

You can look at the REST API documentation an Index Associations and the Common Parameters on syntax or other methods to search.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Chris_L1
Advisor

I have been working on trying to get all of this to work for the last three weeks and finally figured out how to get this done.  I have AD integration so users is not an issue.  The main issue after that was getting the proper server notifications to the proper teams.  Each time I would put a filter (ie.  name:Enclosure1) it would fail to send any alerts.  Same with server names and specific errors.

The fix - I dropped the portion "name:" and all works - so now - instead of using "Smart Search" or "RestAPI" language, I put only the name of the enclosure, server, error and all goes to proper teams with no issues.

Example - In OneView - Settings -> Notifications -> Edit -> Alert email -> Filters -> Edit -> in the filter box I put (without quotes or parentheses) "Enclosure1 ServerName Critical" or "192.168.192.168 ServerName BL460c" (or just any single item) and all works properly.  The proper admins get the notifications for their machines only.