108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OneView integration with 6125XLG + Brocade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michal Dole├Е┬╛al
Frequent Advisor

OneView integration with 6125XLG + Brocade

Hello, just simple question with deep view inside.

We are ordering now a solution based on c7000 with 6125XLG + Brocade switches. Brocade switches must be connected to the current SAN infrastructure. Connection will be done using simple connection (without ISL trunking).

So we will just adapt zoning configuration from current switches.

My question is related to the OneView Advanced. I want to import the chassis c7000 into OneView for management. What will do the import with the current configuration existing in Brocade SAN after OneView import?

I don┬┤t have chance to test it. We must be quick. I know that in case of VirtualConnect, configuration is rewritten.

I don┬┤t have problem with servers inside Blade, but I require no impact to configuration on current SAN.

Michal Dolezal, DiS.
System engineer
AVE BOHEMIA, s.r.o.
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: OneView integration with 6125XLG + Brocade

Nothing.  OneView can't model a non-HPE Virtual Connect or HPE BladeSystem FEX resource.  The Brocade SAN fabric will not be modified.  SAN management requires Virtual Connect, and supported external SAN manager (Brocade SAN Network Adminisrator, aka BNA).  But, without Virtual Connect present, you shouldn't add BNA or the BladeSystem B-Series 8/24 SAN module as OneView will not manage it.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Michal Dole├Е┬╛al
Frequent Advisor

Re: OneView integration with 6125XLG + Brocade

Good, thank you. We need OneView just for basic management and for monitoring.

Michal Dolezal, DiS.
System engineer
AVE BOHEMIA, s.r.o.