New Discussion

Re: OneView: Mass clear warnings

SOLVED
Go to solution
vanz
Occasional Contributor

OneView: Mass clear warnings

Hi Everyone,

I am strugling with a lot of old warnings on numerous servers in my appliance (version 2.00.02). I am wondering if you know a way to mass celar warnings in OneView. Maybe using Powershell or something else. I have more than 1000 activities and clearing them manually will be nightmare.

Thanks in advance!

18 REPLIES 18
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Your only option really is to use the REST API.  Yes, you can use the PowerShell library to retreive alerts and then to clear them:

Get-HPOVAlert -State Active | Set-HPOVAlert -Cleared

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Syed_UAE
Occasional Visitor

Hello Chris,

Could you eloborate more on this, I have a similar problem, lots of hardware errors in one view, I want to manually clear all the events. The command you have given, will it clears all the alerts or is there soem other way to clear the events.

Syed Maqdoom Ali
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The command I provided above will retrieve all Active alerts.  Then they will be passed to the command that will update the state of the alert.  If the Alert is not Locked, then it will be cleared.  Otherwise, an error will be generated that it cannot be cleared.  For Locked alerts, you need to fix the physical issue of the resource in question first, which OneView should then automatically clear the Locked alert.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

CristianRomero
Visitor

there is the way with powershell i/o othe rmethod to release these locked events that appear in oneview 4.0 (synergy)

I managed to remove the alerts with the command Get-HPOVAlert -State Active

Steve_Tippett
Frequent Advisor

I know one of my primary frustrations with OneView 4.1 in Monitored mode (about 200 c7000 enclosures and several hundred rack mount servers) is the blizzard of alerts that are not very useful.  It's a lot of noise.  Examples are:  "Remote Insight/Integrated Lights-Out self-test error"  "Integrated Lights-Out detected more than unauthorized login attempts"  "Unable to establish trusted communication with the server".

So I wrote a Powershell script to retrieve all the Active alerts, parse through them, and clear the ones with the text above.   I run the script to eliminate the bogus, non-useful alerts, and then go logon to the OneView GUI interface so I can focus on the realistic alerts.

Henry_B
Occasional Advisor

I found the "Remote Insight/Integrated Lights-Out self-test error" usually was an indicator for a bad NAND in my cases. Not always, but enough times to check that first.

Casty
Visitor

To actually REMOVE the alerts, which is what I wanted to do, vs. just clearing them, run this Powershell command:

#Reminder- run the following commands using HPE OneView 4.00 Powershell Library

Connect-HPOVMgmt 

#When prompted, enter the FQDN of your OneView Appliance and the Administrator credentials

#Run the following to REMOVE ALL Cleared alerts

# Note- you can only remove Cleared alerts.  If you like to remove Active alerts, first Clear them using the Clear command below then remove the,.  

Get-HPOVAlert -State Cleared | Remove-HPOVAlert

#Run the following if you simply just want to CLEAR All Alerts

Get-HPOVAlert -State Active | Set-HPOVAlert -Cleared

Steve_Tippett
Frequent Advisor

Henry, I agree with your thoughts.  I apparently have several servers with the NAND error.  The lengthy fix documentation (advisory c04996097 & advisory a00048622en_us) lists several steps, but with the final disclaimer "A server AC power removal may be required prior to the NAND format".   I've tried everything short of the AC power removal (so difficult to arrange permission for that in a large Prod data center environment), and nothing has fixed the issue.

R-G
Advisor

For removing cleared alerts you might want to add -Confirm:$false to the end of your command so it doesn't prompt for confirmation every time.
e.g. Get-HPOVAlert -State Cleared -Count 1000 | Remove-HPOVAlert -Confirm:$false