108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView: Mass clear warnings

SOLVED
Go to solution
Casty
Visitor

It's also helpful to add a -count value so as not to return thousands upon thousands of alerts which will take powershell a long, long time.  For instance, run the following to retun 100 alerts and purge them:

Get-HPOVAlert -State Cleared -Count 100 | Remove-HPOVAlert

Or you can specify a date range:

Get-HPOVAlert –AlertState Cleared -Start '2018-06-01' -End '2018-08-31' | Remove-HPOVAlert

cla1801
Occasional Advisor

I've succeded to clear the error online by doing the NAND flash format, it only reboots the ILO. 
But it does clear the Intelligent Provisioning which you need to reinstall at a time when you can reboot the server. 

for for clearing the error i was able to to it online. IP is only used when rebooting anyway, so it can wait.

cla1801
Occasional Advisor

How can you clear old locked errors?? I've tried the rest api solution and i do get the sesssion and everything, but the response comes up with a.. 

Used this to no avail.
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00048315en_us

{"errorCode":"AlertAuthorizationException","message":"Only trusted Resource Managers can make this request.","details":"","recommendedActions":["Provide a valid trusted component token."],"errorSource":null,"nestedErrors":[],"data":{}}

I am using the "administrator" user for this. And the errors are old "Leaf certificate with alias name serial number is expired". These systems have recreated valid certificates but i can't remove these old errors from OneView :(

Mainecoon
Advisor

I have the same request and from what i have found so far is that we do not have permission to remove these so a ticket is required.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@Mainecoon, correct.  The error message is not a helpful message, and is quite misleading.  Currently, Locked alerts cannot be deleted without opening a support case.  I have reached out to some folks internally to find out how we are going to handle this type of locked alert better.

Can you please tell us what version of HPE OneView you are using?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Mainecoon
Advisor

Hi Chris,

Thank you for looking into this, i'm currently one release behind running 4.10.03-0364293 and have about 30+ alerts stuck from March till July last year that i cannot clear although the certs are updated already. Would appriciate if there is an easy way to get them deleted so i'm one step closer to an "all green" status. Also one comment about the alert filtering that i'm working on, when you set a line that is not working due to typo or wrong statement/wording, the complete filter is kind of blocked in sence that you don't receive anything anymore. Had this a few times now while working on this, would be nice there was some verification that would stop you from saving the rules if it is wrong.

cla1801
Occasional Advisor

The same here Chris, though my vesion is the very last one -

4.10.04-0370820

Old alerts, and this is a monitored solution with no subscription. But we are to get some Synergy frames and i would like for this issue to be fixed without opening a case.

cla1801
Occasional Advisor

Well an update to OneView  4.20.01-0380241 did not solve this for me :( Again quite annoying not to be able to delete those errors. My OCD is getting hammered here ;)

Any news on this Chris?

fatfreddyscat
Occasional Advisor

Hi Chris,

currently on 5.20.00-0419867

I need suggestions on how to unlock locked alerts as below with powershell, or get OneView to ignore certificate errors! Or do I STILL need to raise a support ticket to unlock them?

thanks for your time.

Steve

PS C:\>
PS C:\> Get-HPOVAlert -State locked | grep Leaf
Warning  Security                     Tue May  5 16:25:02 2020 Tue May  5 16:25:02 2020 Locked                Leaf certificate with alias name 35383534-3736-5A43-4338-...............