5443 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView unavailable & VC Manager

mammadshah
Advisor

OneView unavailable & VC Manager

Hi,

our OneView Server is unavailble and got corrupted. now we have to rebuilt from scratch, till that we can't access Virtual connect manager. when i try to access VCM it redirects towards OneView.

i want to remove OV from VCM, for this i have reset C7000 to factory default but still its redirecting to OV Ip address.

Any idea to remove it ..

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Since you need to rebuild your OneVeiw appliance, just build a new one, then add your appliance again.  You will be prompted that it is already managed by another external manager, you will need to select the Force Add option.  You will be reprovisioning your Server Profiles if you do not have a backup. 

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

mammadshah
Advisor

cant we just remove it totally from OV. i have swapped VC and also cleared vc config. but this didn't worked

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

If you no longer have a running OneView appliance that once controlled the Enclosure, there is nothing to remove within OneView.  If you wish to remove the OneView VC configuration, you need to do the following:

1. Run 'clear vcmode' from the OA CLI (or in the Enclosure Settings UI of the OA)

2. If you are running VC 4.20 or greater, you can reboot the modules.  Otherwise, you need to physically move Bay 1 to Bay 2 and Bay 2 to Bay 1.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo