HPE OneView
1752799 Members
5785 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

OV 5.0: Enclosure Add/Refresh => error Determine Port map connections ...

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Re: OV 5.0: Enclosure Add/Refresh => error Determine Port map connections ...

Hello Chris,

5.00.01-0410269... Funny in the past the unknown interconnects were the Brocade FC switches, but now they are the VC Flex-10 switches... the ones I need to be seen. I really do not care much about the FC at this time only the Flex-10 interconnects.

Best regards,

Edward L. Haletky

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Re: OV 5.0: Enclosure Add/Refresh => error Determine Port map connections ...

So more information....

HPE Oneview 5.0 does work and report everything properly except for the C3000 Enclosure itself. The blades report correct, HPE OneView for vCenter reports correct. It is only the C3000 Enclosure. And only about port mapping. It would be very useful if that little issue was fixed or at least a work around proposed.

Yes, I know the C3000 is not supported, but for monitoring blades and HPE Storage is is extremely useful. Actually, as a monitoring tool tied into VMware vCenter it has many uses.

One gotcha is all that there is. BTW, prior to 5.x it did work as expected. Or at least the refresh did not fail.

Between this message and the last several things changed:

1) Upgraded from Gen8 to Gen10 Blades

2) Upgraded to the Gen9plus HPE VIBS in ESXi.

That may also contribute the the successful use of monitoring the blades properly. All that remains is teh enclosure and that looks more like a timeout than anything.

-Edward Haletky