New Discussion юеВ

Re: Prerequisites to add an eclosure to HPOneView 5.0 appliance

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc_BE
Occasional Advisor

Prerequisites to add an eclosure to HPE OneView 5.0 appliance

Hi all,

I downloaded an HPE One View appliance and it's now running as a HyperV VM in my environment. I'm now trying to add my new enclosure to my appliance by typing its IP adress and credentials (see attached screenshot) but it doesn't find it and stays spinning "verifying parameters" for a while and then displays this error message :

Unable to get enclosure information
Unable to establish trusted communication with the Onboard Administrator at 10.72.0.1. It is possible that the remote server is down or not reachable.
Resolution: Ensure that the server is reachable and responding. If the problem persists, contact your authorized support representative and provide them with a support dump

I can ping the ip of the OA but what else is reqsuired for the detection to work ? Valid Licences ? certificates ?

Thanks in advance for any guidance,
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

It could be a number of causes. I would check the following:

* Firewall rules. We need to access the OA's via HTTPS.
* Expired OA cert. If we are able to get to the OA HTTPS port, it's cert is exined. If it is expired though, we would report that as such.
* Ensure XML Reply is enabled in the OA.
* We recently updated the required protocols for firewalls in our online docs. I don't have the link handy for you right now.

If any of these do not work for you, I would suggest you please reach out to our customer support center.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Marc_BE
Occasional Advisor

It was indeed simply firewall rules, Thanks !