108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Troubles getting OneView 2.0 to use Active Directory

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott_r
Valued Contributor

Troubles getting OneView 2.0 to use Actvie Directory

I've tried over and over to add our Ad server for authentication... finally got that done and was able to add the server without error. then when I try to add or sleect a group I get invalid credentials... whether I remove spaces, use DN or CN format. I must be doing something wrong. anu ideas welcome. Thnaks for reading.

Cheers,

scottr

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Troubles getting OneView 2.0 to use Actvie Directory

Have you tried UPN format (user@domain.com)?  The Username field also accepts 'DomainName\Username' format.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Scott_r
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply! When I added the directory the field "Directory" had me confused but seems like an arbrtiary field and OI ended up putting our "domai.com"n name in there. For " directory type" left as Active Directory. "Base DN" used our dc=domain, dc=com. The for the "directory server" used the FQDN for the AD server and accepted the cert from the AD server. User domain admin credentials were accepted and the directory server was accepted and added.

So I retraced my steps and found when I added the directory server for based DN entry I had a space like it shows in the example between dc=domain and dc=com (dc=domain, dc=com). Went back and removed the space and readded the directory server.

Then I went back to search for a group and like magic I was able to search AD!!! Added out group and was able to logon using domain credentials. Yea!

Thanks for the help and the help you provided to others as I found reading them was quite bebenficial.

Regards,

Scottr

Scott_r
Valued Contributor
Solution

And then I had serious regret for not using the spell checker!

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Troubles getting OneView 2.0 to use Active Directory

>I had serious regret for not using the spell checker!

You can always go back and edit your posts by using Post Options > Edit Reply

Unfortunately I don't think the spell check checks subjects any more.  :-(