5387 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to communicate with the Management Processor. Locked

Kuibird53
Occasional Contributor

Unable to communicate with the Management Processor. Locked

Folks,

Anyone familair with above error in Oneview GUI? I cannot get this SY660's management processor to communicate with Oneview. I have tried all the remedies suggested but cant iLo working. I can connect to iLo ok from the front iLo5 port. See attached document, any suggestions please!!

4 REPLIES 4
m_icha
HPE Pro

Hello Kuibird53.

Is this the only server that you have this issue? It would be more helpful if you could capture a snip with the actual error from the OneView.

In any case, please check for any packet loss by pinging the iLO IP address, for a couple of minutes. If there isn't any underlying networking issue could this be an older event, in locked state? To further troubleshoot it, either remove the server from the bay for a few minutes or perform an e-fuse to the compute module. Then check the timestamp of the event. Regarding the e-fuse you may find more info here: Reset HPOVEnclosureDevice

m_icha

I'm an HPE Employee
Need assistance? Contact HPE Support
How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Kuibird53
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this was the only Server that had the iLo communication issue. Unfortunatly this is at a Dark Site and I could not capture any output to be sent out. I had to manually type everything I put in the document. I did remove the Blade from the slot but it didnt change the symptom. Still looking into issues.....

Generious
Occasional Advisor

We run into these on a regular basis normally you can fix it by updating to the latest ILO firmware & doing a ILO reset after that.

Should it fail most of the time it will mean a systemboard replacement is required.

We have over 1500 servers and it happens at random across our stack, the none oneview managed blades just work fine..

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

Hi  

its look Like the NANAD Issue 

1. Update the  Server Ilo 

2. log one once again and check if the ILO Health is Degreded  from overview main screen if it Yellow 

3 go to ilo event log and clear the log  

4 from ilo Health  (See the pic i add to this post)   format the NAND  you will be log out from Ilo 

5 affterdone check on ilo event log  Line that said Fromat to confirum that it done 

6 update hpip to the last version 

7 refresh the server in Oneview  if error 8192 display Change it for Active to Ok

if after all ot this is done and it still problem i thinks it need to replace the system board