HPE OneView
1752590 Members
4138 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to import 3PAR into OneView

jgmke

Unable to import 3PAR into OneView

Just completed a 3PAR upgrade to 3.1.3 MU1 on a model 7200 in hopes to get it managed by OneView.  About 5 minutes after the upgrade, I was able to bring this InServ and 3 storage pools into OneView.

I added two new CPGs to the InServ and tried to refresh, however OneView reported that it was unable to connect to the InServ.  No amount of poking and prodding would convince the OneView appliance to retrieve the new CPG-Pools.

I've reinstalled OneView and now it will not import the InServ at all.  When I attempt to use the "Connect" button under Add Storage System, the connection is made and then OneView displays "Retrieving storage target ports" at the bottom of the page.  I've left it there for up to 12 hours and it does not complete.

Any troubleshooting tips?   Location of log files?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to import 3PAR into OneView

Hello, and welcome to the HP OneView forums.

Have you verified that the account you used to authenticate to your 3PAR array hasn't changed?  Can you check to see if WSAPI and CIM services are started on your array (ssh into the storage system and issue both 'showwsapi' and 'showcim' to verify.). Also, do you have any temporary licenses applied to your storage system?

If none of these help solve your issue, I would suggest you contact the HP Support Center, and log a support case.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>do you have any temporary licenses applied to your storage system?

showlicense will show licenses.

jgmke

Thanks for the ideas.  I did check the authentication credentials, and they are correct.  I also tried using the 3paradm account and got the same results.

I don't believe that I have any temporary licenses.  I don't see any expiration dates in IMC or as the result of using the showlicense command.

As I look back in the "Activity" section, I see that I have 5 instances of a "Connect" activity in a running state with no resource indicated.  The number seems about right, as I've tried to connect several times since reinstalling OneView a few days ago.  I've also restarted the OneView applicance since those attempts to connect to the 3PAR.  I'm guessing there was an exception in the connection code and there's nothing that's going to change the state of the activities.

On the 3PAR side of things, I've tried restarting cim and wsapi, and I've rebooted the InServ controller nodes.

I've looked at a suport dump and I can't find any reference to the InServ connections in any of the log files.

Thanks, again for the assistance,

Jeff

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Unless you have received help from the HP Customer Support Center, the Support Dump is encrypted and cannot be viewed by a customer.  I have run into an issue with an HP OneView 1.10 appliance being unable to connect to a 3PAR storage system.  If you are still experiencing this issue, can you use the following PowerShell script to test connecting to the WSAPI interface of the storage system:

add-type @"
  using System.Net;
  using System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates;
  public class IDontCarePolicy : ICertificatePolicy {
    public IDontCarePolicy() {}
    public bool CheckValidationResult(
      ServicePoint sPoint, X509Certificate cert,
      WebRequest wRequest, int certProb) {
        return true;
      }
    }
"@

[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::CertificatePolicy = new-object IDontCarePolicy
$parAddress = "3PAR_SYSTEM_MGMT_ADDRESS"
$b = ConvertTo-Json @{user = “ADMINACCOUNT”; password = “PASSWORD”}
$key = Invoke-RestMethod -uri "https://$($parAddress):8080/api/v1/credentials" -body $b -ContentType "application/json" -method POST
$volumes = Invoke-RestMethod -uri "https://$($parAddress):8080/api/v1/volumes" –headers @{“X-HP3PAR-WSAPI-SessionKey” = $key.key} –Method GET
$volumes.members.name

If there is an issue with connecting to the WSAPI interface of the storage system, it the above script will fail to authenticate, and thus fail to report what VVols exist.  If it does fail, I would suggest you open a support ticket with your 3PAR Storage System.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jgmke

Thanks for the script.  It is returning the VVs as expected. 

I did notice that the OneView appliance successfully connects to the 3PAR, and during the process it creates a new host, which gets deleted just a few moments thereafter.

Now I am waiting for the release of OneView ---, as 1.10 is not compatible with 3PAR OS 3.2.1. 

Thanks,

Jeff

[mod]Please refrain from discussing non-released or unannounced products in a public forum.[/mod]

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

While I cannot comment on unreleased or unanounced versions of OneView (the current shipping version is 1.10 and we have a patch available, 1.10.05, that addresses some issues) we do have another 1.10 patch coming that will add support for 3PAR InformOS 3.2.1.  I will provide more details on this upcoming patch when I can.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jgmke

The 1.10.07 publicly available patch fixed all the problems.    Thanks for the assistance. 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

That's great news.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo