1753395 Members
7206 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Update readiness checker found issue

ivarh
Occasional Advisor

Update readiness checker found issue

Hi, I get this as I run checker v 1.6 before upgrading from 5.00.01-0410269 to 5.20:

ov-urc 1.6-420319

Issue(s) Identified:
Check software packages
ISSUE: A software configuration issue was found that will impact the update of OneView to version 5.20.
RESOLUTION: Before you update to OneView 5.2, please contact your authorized support representative, reference Engineering Advisory emr_na-a00099835en_us and provide a support dump.

I have tried to find the advisory, but I don't have any luck.       Anybody knows what is in it?

Regards

Ivar

IvarHe
5 REPLIES 5
Mani_Np
HPE Pro

Re: Update readiness checker found issue

Refer Customer Advisory: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00099873en_us

Issue is supposed to be fixed in Next Oneview version, maybe 5.20.01, please wait for it's release.

You can refer release details from URL: https://techhub.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/docs/index.aspx?doc=/eginfolib/synergy/sw_release_info/index.html

Regards,
Manikandan
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

DanCernese
HPE Pro

The new URC was published a few days before the associated advisory.  Sorry about that.  OneView 5.20.01 will be live within a few days.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ivarh
Occasional Advisor

Thanks 

..so Engineering Advisory emr_na-a00099835en_us is basically the same as emr_na-a00099873en_us then..? (I've seen that before, but it really didn't match my issue )

But I'll wait for 50.20.01

Regards

Ivar

IvarHe
ivarh
Occasional Advisor

IvarHe
DanCernese
HPE Pro

Ivarh,

HPE Engineering Advisories are internal to the company only.  They are a means for HPE to communicate unique product service support information to HPE personnel.   For example, in this case there is a workaround requiring challenge/response key exchange to allow the upgrade to succeed (at least until the 5.20.01 patch released). There are often companion Engineering Advisories for many Customer Advisories.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo