108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading licenses from HPSim/ICE to OneView Advanced

SOLVED
Go to solution
FREDERIC COLLIN
Advisor

Upgrading licenses from HPSim/ICE to OneView Advanced

Did anyone manage to get their OneView Advanced licenses upgraded from original HPSIM ICE licenses ?  We have been trying to find the proper HPE contacts since november 2016. Every time someone thinks he can help, he then seems to be unsuccesful in his attempts.

I just checked the email thread since i got involved in january and we've reached 23 pages so far and it is not yet solved.

Anyone got any clue about this license upgrade process ?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

I'm sorry to hear you have had problems obtaining an upgrade license.  Did you purchase F6Q91A HPE OneView Upgrade from Insight Management incl 3yr 24x7 Supp Physical 1 Svr Lic for each Insight Control license you own?  If not, F6Q91A is the minimum license needed to be quoted to you.  You can look at the E5Y45AAE, which is a Flex QTY license.  If you have already purchased the upgrade license, then you should have been emailed the entitlement number to then activate on the HPE Software License Portal.  You will need the Entitlement Number to go through the process to then obtaining the license key that you will then install on your HPE OneView appliance.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

FREDERIC COLLIN
Advisor

Thanks Chris for the quick reply. No we haven't been quoted F6Q91A (you are the first HPE person to even mention it actually) since we had just renewed software support (and maintenance/upgrade) for all our HP ICE in october 2016 (for 3 years - 24/7) and were told at the time that this could be upgraded to OneView advanced as HPSIM is EOLed. We were told by HPE rep that there was a simple upgrade request and we've been having trouble finding out how that works since november 2016..

I guess if we had been quoted that F6Q91A  was needed 6 months ago then we would have purchased that instead of renewing ICE, our willingness to transition to OneView was clearly stated at the time since the release of OV 3.x

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I don't know who you have been talking with, but those SKU's have been available since HPE OneView 1.0.  If the HPE representative you have been talking with is an HPE employee, have them look me up in our enterprise directory and I can talk with them about the license options if they are still unclear.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

FREDERIC COLLIN
Advisor

Have you seen the HPE OneView "Free-UP" ? Attached are screenshots we received from an HPE rep

[MOD EDIT]

Please do NOT post material that is marked as HPE and Partner Internal Only material.  You are not allowed to show those slides in a public forum.

[/MOD EDIT]

FREDERIC COLLIN
Advisor

So Chris my guess is that the MOD EDIT proves my point. But i'm still not getting any answer.