New Discussion

Re: VMware Virtual Center Appliance and OneView plugin

SOLVED
Go to solution
PetervdnBosch
Occasional Advisor

VMware Virtual Center Appliance and OneView plugin

Hi All!

I implemented the VCSA at a costumer. Next to the VCSA i setup a Windows server for Update manager and the OneView plugin for vCenter. Configured everything with no errors but the OneView plugin cannot be enabled in the Web Client and i do not see the HP Hardware tab. I cannot Download er enable the plugin in vCenter (see attached Screen shots)

Anyone else with this issue?

13 REPLIES 13
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Setup and Configuration of the vCenter Plugin is performed through the VI Web Client, not the Win32 client.  Once configured, there are some features exposed with the Win32 client.  This is the architecture imposed on vCenter plugins by VMware, not HP.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

PetervdnBosch
Occasional Advisor

Hallo Chris! Thanks for the reply! Problem is that OneView or HP Hardware tab is not visible at all in the Web Client. The only spot i see anthing at all is the Win32 Client.

Should i de install everything an try again or am i missing something here?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

In most cases, the source of the issue is DNS or name resolution.  make sure that both the Windows hosting the plugin and the vCenter Management Appliance can resolve each others hostname and FQDN.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

PetervdnBosch
Occasional Advisor

After some searching i found the following problem. NS lookup response with a wrong servername. The IP Adresses the costumer thought where suitable are already registered in DNS.

Costumer is working on the solutions.

grtz Peter

@Chris Lynch, HP wrote:

In most cases, the source of the issue is DNS or name resolution.  make sure that both the Windows hosting the plugin and the vCenter Management Appliance can resolve each others hostname and FQDN.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Excellent.  Glad you have it working for your customer.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Aaron Stocker
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

i need help with this case too.

I'm tryin in every way to enable the plugin in the classic Client, but nothing happens. It remains in "disable" state.

I've double checked on our management machine and nslookup resolves correctly the vcenter server and from vcenter CLI the same.

DNS and host are resolvable.

Tryed serveral times to completely uninstall the plugin, restart the vcenter services then reinstall and restart services again.

Please help, as i'm able to use only the Client plugin and not Web Client plugin.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@Aaron Stocker wrote:

Please help, as i'm able to use only the Client plugin and not Web Client plugin.

You can't use the Win32 Client.  You must use the Web Client.  This is a VMware restriction, not HP.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

irs_admin
Regular Visitor

hi,

i installed VCSA 6.0u2 and also i have the HPE OneView for Vcenter Appliance 8.1 installed .

from some reason the plugin in the vsphere client is missing .

any ideas why,or i can solve the issue ?

thanks 

RPMCanes
Contributor

If the host is the HPE custom ISO for vSphere 6.5, is that why I can't see the icon either?