1753428 Members
4746 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

What is the OS of Oneview Appliance

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: What is the OS of Oneview Appliance

Not only I don't see the Operating System, but I don't see the IP Address neither.

That is a limitation of the Hyper-V Linux Integration Services with RHEL/CentOS 6, which is what our appliance today is based on.  It is a 64-bit OS.  The decleration is only applicable to help with LIS deployments, not the operational state of the appliance.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

PhS-
Regular Advisor

Hi Chris!

According to Microsoft documentation, this feature is available for CentOS 6.x--but that might require a little tuning.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/supported-centos-and-red-hat-enterprise-linux-virtual-machines-on-hyper-v#BKMK_6x

From this table, we actually care about two rows. One is titled "Static IP Injection" and the other is "Key-Value Pair" (that's the component which actually should report the IP address.) For some scenarios, the latter calls out Footnote 12.

Hence, based on my understanding, any option from the below migh help.

1. Maybe the "hypervkvpd" or "hyperv-daemons" are already installed in the appliance? Is there any way to check and start them manually if needed?
  2. If not, is there an option to install these packages from CentOS media or repository, as Footnote 12 advises?
  3. Alternatively, is there an option to install LIS 4.2 package from Microsoft? Because the column specific to LIS 4.2 does not include Footnote 12, and hence it's supposed to work out of the box.

So, do we have any options here? Thanks in advance!

BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Hi @PhS-

On the "you cant see the DHCP IP address", are you able to go the VM console, do an FTS (first time appliance setup)?
That is a known limitation with the hyper-V appliance with DHCP IP.

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

PhS-
Regular Advisor

Hello,

I am not using DHCP IP address but static IP.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I am looking into this.  The documentation you provided @PhS-, isn't clear, and I'm reaching out to some folks at Microsoft to get clarification.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

PhS-
Regular Advisor

@ChrisLynch , I understand this takes some time, but have you been able to contact "folks at Microsoft" ?

PhS-
Regular Advisor

Any news ?