HPE SimpliVity
1752577 Members
4065 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Could not retrieve the configuration of existing HPE OmniStack Host. Please Try Again

TuanPhanAnh
Occasional Advisor

Could not retrieve the configuration of existing HPE OmniStack Host. Please Try Again

I have an error when deploying the second HPE Node

"Could not retrieve the configuration of existing HPE OmniStack Host. Please Try Again"

Please help me check this problem.

Thanks

abc.jpg

Tuan
8 REPLIES 8
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Re: Could not retrieve the configuration of existing HPE OmniStack Host. Please Try Again

Hi @TuanPhanAnh 

Thanks for using the HPE SimpliVity Forum.

Please review the following Knowledge Article:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000062156&withFrame

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

DeclanOR  #I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

TuanPhanAnh
Occasional Advisor

Hi DeclanOR,

I used version 3.7.9 and I do not understand why this error occurs?

Thanks

Tuan
TuanPhanAnh
Occasional Advisor

Dear DeclanOR,

Still Errors after run command.

ABCCCC.jpg

Thanks

Tuan
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @TuanPhanAnh 

Looking at the screenshot, you did successfully start and stop the rest service on that OVC.

You received an error only when you stopped the incorrect service - you did : stop svt-start

This needs to be carried out on all OVC's in the cluster.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

TuanPhanAnh
Occasional Advisor

Hi @DeclanOR,

I have 02 clusters in the same federation. 
And I just have 01 OVC in cluster HCI_02. I did successfully start and stop the rest service on OVC but Errors still occurs.
Cluster 01 using for production environment and I do not want any effect on Cluster 01. Do you have any suggestion in my situation?

Thanks

abc.jpg

Federation.jpg

Tuan
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @TuanPhanAnh 

You have nodes showing as being in a faulty state. If they are truly in a faulty state, then this needs to be resolved firstly. If they reference old nodes that are "supposed" to have been removed, then they were not correctly removed.

I would recommend creating a support case for us to assist/investigate here.

Thanks,

DeclanOR  #I am  HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

TuanPhanAnh
Occasional Advisor

Hi @DeclanOR,

Can I change or rename "Cluster Name" after deployment complete?  

Thanks.

Tuan
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

@TuanPhanAnh 

Post deployment this is possible yes. 

NOTE: Given your original query here, and without knowing what has been done/changed etc in your environment, I acn't advise to go and do this with 100% confidence.

If your original issue still exists, i would recommend a support case where we can confirm on this current question further also.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo