HPE SimpliVity
1753559 Members
6078 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Fresh Deployment of 3.7.10a on Legacy Hardware (CN-2000, DELL)

SOLVED
Go to solution
bgreenEveri
Occasional Visitor

Fresh Deployment of 3.7.10a on Legacy Hardware (CN-2000, DELL)

Good morning, we are in the process of pulling back all of our SimpliVity servers and redeploying them. I have downloaded the latest compaitible version for the hardware we have (3.7.10a). I have factory reset my first two nodes using deploy-installer-10.35.0-psi18+sva-3.7.10.200-usb image. I have deployed a dedicated vCenter server for this deployment and have installed the Arbiter on a seperate windows server.

The issue I am having is when I am running the Deployment manager, and I scan for the hosts I am unable to select the Hypervisor Version, and when I select the host and look at the details I see, "Unable to retrieve hypervisor information".

Did I miss a step someplace?

4 REPLIES 4
bgreenEveri
Occasional Visitor

Re: Fresh Deployment of 3.7.10a on Legacy Hardware (CN-2000, DELL)

Update: I may have figured out the issue. The img file might have been corrupt. I am going to run a factory reset on a newly downloaded/copied img file which passed checksum and see where that takes me.

bgreenEveri
Occasional Visitor

Update#2: I just finished running a factory reset again and I am receiving the same message.

At what point do you choose the HyperVisor version you want to use or where are those files stored?

Imobi
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi,

As for Legacy Hardware Simplivity deployment,  3.7.10a version, this requires additional steps and file uploads or script should be run.

Additionally, you will also require 3.7.0 bundle too, I would request you to log a case with the support team to assist you with the process.

Thanks and regards

Imobi

I am a HPE Employee
bgreenEveri
Occasional Visitor

Thank you, I will submit a ticket.