5864 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: InfoSight Released yet?

SimonHorwood
Advisor

InfoSight Released yet?

Hi

I've had a fair amount of mails from the account team about Infosight for Simplivity but I can't see anything on it on the Infosight page. Any dates yet?

Cheers

Simon

14 REPLIES 14
DaveOb
HPE Pro

InfoSight is not released yet.It is a top priority so it should be in released in the short term.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
SimonHorwood
Advisor

Cheers Dave!

jfrobs
Frequent Advisor

Hello its for VMWare only ?? or Hyper-v is in the loop ?

TomiKarlsson
Advisor

Hi. It didn´t say in the blog. Have to look for more information. Maybe some of HPE guys knows?

/Tomi

jfrobs
Frequent Advisor

I think its ok now for Vmware only  :

I have this on my InfoSight console : 

Registering Your HPE OmniStack Hosts with HPE InfoSight

Prerequisites
  • All HPE OmniStack hosts use HPE OmniStack 3.7.8 software.

• HPE OmniWatch feature remains enabled (default setting).

• Manually enabled the HPE InfoSight registration feature in HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for vSphere Client.

Procedure
  1. Click HPE Server Registration to obtain a token and copy it. (You need to copy the token to paste it into vSphere Client.)
  2. Log in to vSphere Client (HTML5) with HPE SimpliVity Plug-in already installed.
  3. From vSphere Client Home, click Global Inventory Lists. Then click Clusters.
  4. Click a cluster from the table. (The registration applies to all the clusters in the federation.)
  5. Click the Configure tab.
  6. Under More, click HPE OmniWatch.
  7. In the HPE InfoSight Registration section, paste the token you obtained in HPE InfoSight into the HPE InfoSight Claim Token field.
  8. Click Register. It can take up to 24 hours to populate HPE InfoSight with your federation data
cheesi
Advisor

Manually enabled the HPE InfoSight registration feature in HPE SimpliVity Plug-in for vSphere Client.

Is there a step-by-step guide for this action. Because i cant find anything.

crosbyc

I can't find OmniWatch under More when clicking Global InventoryLists->Clusters

MikeSeden
HPE Pro

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo