HPE SimpliVity
1752717 Members
5668 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Looking for documentation about needed permissions/privileges in Simplivity for Vmware

SOLVED
Go to solution
CGI_Netherlands
Occasional Collector

Looking for documentation about needed permissions/privileges in Simplivity for Vmware

Dear reader,

We want to create a new role on our simplivity/vmware platform.

This role should get the privileges to A) manipulate VM's, B) create snapshots and C) make and search backups.

Now i have part A and B covered, but i have trouble covering part C. The role i created so far is enough to make backups, but i cannot search through the backups after they have been made.
I do not want to give full blown administrator permissions.
Is there available documentation that can help me find the right permissions?
Or does anyone already know which permission i need?
Through trial/error i already tried finding the right option to check, but so far no luck.

Sincerely,

Stefan.

2 REPLIES 2
bbelew
Advisor
Solution

Re: Looking for documentation about needed permissions/privileges in Simplivity for Vmware

I tried to do this same thing and ended up working with support and had our account manager ask the development team about this.

What I found is that you can give minimal permissions on the VM and datastores but the user has to have the administrator role on the OVC's or they can't search backups.  Even if I created a new role with full admin priviledges and applied to the OVC's they couldn't search backups.

Supposedly RBAC permissions for items like this are on the roadmap and I believe a few versions away from being released.

CGI_Netherlands
Occasional Collector

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the situation now. This is something i will have to discuss with my collegues.

I appreciate the input!

Sincerely,

Stefan.