New Discussion

Re: OmniStack 4.0.1 full deploy disc image download needed

SOLVED
Go to solution
fahlis
Frequent Advisor

OmniStack 4.0.1 full deploy disc image download needed

Hello!
I have an upcoming customer deployment the comings days.
I have downloaded the OmniStack deployment zip files that I can see in the customer's support portal.
But I can only find the "USB-tiny.img" file. in the deploy zip file.
I know this is new in 4.0.1 for faster deployments remotely.
These servers comes pre-installed with 4.0.0
So naturally I want to upgrade them to 4.0.1 from USB Stick Pre deployment.
So I need the full deploy disc image file as explained in the tekTalk for OmniStack 4.0.1 last week. I believe it is approx 9GB
"deploy-installer-10.110.psi20-sva. 4.0. 1.176-usb.img"
Can you please provide me a link to download the full zip file which includes this file?

Br /Tony
24 REPLIES 24
Shivam1
HPE Pro

Hi,

deploy-installer-10.110.4-psinn-sva-n.n.n.n-usb-tiny.img is specfically developed to perform factory reset from ILO ,its a ~800MB file.Since, you can use ILO for factory reset you dont need a USB stick.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

fahlis
Frequent Advisor

Hi

Thanks, I found that out, although I had a really bad experience trying it the latest days.

iLO Mount from Chrome,IE, Edge Chromium, while booting it frequently unmounts.

When I got it to go furhter with F11 I never could see it mounted although iLO showed "force eject media". I have other coleagues with the same experience. I also tried to use rufus to create a bootable USB stick with the "deploy-installer-10.110.4-psinn-sva-n.n.n.n-usb-tiny.img". That also did not work. I reached the point to give it all up and decided to deploy with 4.0.0 and upgrade after that. Just to be sure all nodes are fully factory reset pre deploy, I created a new USB stick with "deploy-installer-10.80.4-psi19+sva-4.0.0.1249-usb.img" and no problem at all to to a factory reset using that.. I will deploy in the coming days. 

I wonder...should it-can it work to create a 4.0.1 USB stick for doing factory reset witrh the " "deploy-installer-10.110.4-psinn-sva-n.n.n.n-usb-tiny.img" ?

I need to read thge deployment guide really thoroughly and see if I have missed some info.

I sure hope upgrade post deploy of 4.0.0 runs smoother than this!

Br / Tony

DaveOb
HPE Pro

The full usb image exists I have queired why its not available in the zip.

If you need it i suggest opening a support ticket, requesting  the full image  and support can put it on a dropbox for you..

Its allways good to have options.

With upgrade manager and the ability to run mixed vesions in different clusters.  I would probaly just deploy at 4.0 and upgrade there is very little to be gained by factory resetting to 4.0.1 .in the older version where all nodes in the federation had to be at the same version for the deployment it forced you to do the factroy reset to be able ot deploy.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
fahlis
Frequent Advisor

Hi Dave

Great to know it exists.

I will open a case and ask for it, as you say good with otpions.

/Br Tony

MelissaV
Visitor

Hello Fahlis,

If I’m understanding your question correctly, your basically looking to deploy a new node that has the SimpliVity OmniStack 4.0.0 DI, and want to deploy the new node with 4.0.1.

To perform the deployment you would only need the appropriate Deployment Package: 

In addition to the SimpliVity software package you will want to have the latest SimpliVity firmware & applicable custom ESXi bundle installed.

Packages & instructions can be found here:

Thanks

Melissa Visconti

HPE SimpliVity Engineering Program Manager 

MelissaV
Visitor

Please see latest comment

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Hi

Did you manage to get this to work?

I want to do exactly the same thing. I want to re-image a new 4.0.0 node with 4.0.1 prior to deploying as I don't want to deploy 4.0.0 and then have to upgrade to 4.0.1 afterwards.

I too can only see the deploy-installer-10.110.7-psi20+sva-4.0.1.184-usb-tiny.img file contained within the Q8A57-11090_SimpliVity_Deployment_Package_4.0.1_VMware_vSphere.zip download which I don't think allows me to re-image this via the iLO. If I should be able to use this file to re-image a 4.0.0 node to 4.0.1 then I must be missing something as I can't get it to mount via the iLO virtual media.

Can someone confirm if I should be able to do this with the deploy-installer-10.110.7-psi20+sva-4.0.1.184-usb-tiny.img file  - in which case what do I need to do to mount it in iLO. Or perhaps tell me where I can find the full image that I need to use?

kind regards

fahlis
Frequent Advisor

Hi!

I did not create a case, instead I have been in contact with our HPE Partner tech. He mentioned there is a full DI. However he could not find it anywhere internally even if he had trwo links that worked quite recently. I quote: It seems vanished for some reason..go figure. I ended up factiory reset and deplolying with 4.0.0 and left it running for the moment, this with "SVTSP-2020_0225.06". I believe you can create a bootable USB Stick with the usb-tiny.img, boot from it and deploy straight from it. That was my intention however the F11 keyboard stroke did not work for some odd reason, also I noticed the mount of .img was lost in iLO frequently, no clue why but I have seen it previously. I tried Chrome, Edge Chromium and IE. It worked best in IE. I could not get it to boot until the 3rd USB Stick I tried. When booting on it you don't get the option for fabric reset from what I saw, for that we need the full DI I believe. Anyone here from HPE that can inform us regarding if it is still avaiable at all internally ?

Br / Tony

DaveOb
HPE Pro

If you/someone else are struffling to get a node deployed please open a support ticket you can even reference this thread,

the full image exists.

if not I will clarify a few things and revert in a day or so.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo