108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Fibre Channel: The #1 choice for mission-critical shared-storage connectivity

SOLVED
Go to solution
Todd-Owens
Contributor

Fibre Channel: The #1 choice for mission-critical shared-storage connectivity

When in the field, our team frequently talks to our customers and end users about I/O technology and connectivity. This includes presentations on I/O connectivity at various industry events and delivering training to our OEMs and their channel partners. Often, when discussing the latest innovations in Fibre Channel, audience questions will center around how relevant Fibre Channel (FC) technology is in today’s enterprise data center. This is understandable as there are many in the industry who have been proclaiming the demise of Fibre Channel for several years. However, these claims are often very misguided due to a lack of understanding about the key attributes of FC technology that continue to make it the gold standard for use in mission-critical application environments.

From inception several decades ago, and still today, FC technology is designed to do one thing, and one thing only: provide secure, high-performance, and high-reliability server-to-storage connectivity. While the Fibre Channel industry is made up of a select few vendors, the industry has continued to invest and innovate around how FC products are designed and deployed. This isn’t just limited to doubling bandwidth every couple of years but also includes innovations that improve reliability, manageability, and security. 

1 REPLY 1
Sunitha_Mod
Solution

Re: Fibre Channel: The #1 choice for mission-critical shared-storage connectivity

@Todd-Owens 

Thank you for sharing the information! 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo