New Discussion

Re: Memory usage of Brocade SAN switch SN6000B

SOLVED
Go to solution
RogerVI
Regular Advisor

Memory usage of Brocade SAN switch SN6000B

Hi,

I have a SAN switch in production that is monitored by maps. 

Since some days I have an alert related to memory usage. The event message is something like:

Monitoring and Alerting System notification - Rule defCHASSISMEMORY_USAGE_80 violated. Obj:CHASSIS 0

The output of the command  "mapssam --show memory" since some days showed an usage of 80%. Today the output is:

Showing Memory Usage:
Memory Usage : 83.0%
Used Memory : 849929k
Free Memory : 174083k
Total Memory : 1024012k

Is there a way to free up memory without reboot the switch ?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Roger
3 REPLIES 3
NimaG
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello RogerVI,

I understand that you are receiving memory usage alerts from MAPS.

To address this condition, it is recommended to perform 'HaReboot'. It will clear all the stale processes in the switch thereby freeing up CPU and Flash memory usage.
This is a high availability reboot and data traffic is not impacted. However, perform this during low IO period.

If the above does not work , please connect with HPE support.

Thanks,
Nima
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

RogerVI
Regular Advisor

Hi Nima,

Thanks for your response. I  see the command you suggest and apparently does not exists in FOS 7.4.2. I cannot upgrade  the firmware version in the short term.

Regards,

RogerVI

Roger
NimaG
HPE Pro

Hello Roger,

It is recommended to maintain the switches on latest or active FOS versions, as they have better error handling and reporting mechanisms.
Fixes are included to address multiple OOM (out of memory) conditions too.

Thanks,
Nima
I'm an HPE employee.

I am an HPE employee.

Accept or Kudo