6065 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SAN switch compatibility, Brocade

Mika5
Collector

SAN switch compatibility, Brocade

Hi guys,

I have problem with finding relevant information about copatibility between Brocad Fabric OS copatibility.

I have SAN with fabric A (24 port 8 Gbps + 16 port 4 Gbps) and fabric B (24 port 8 Gbps + 16 port 4 Gbps).

All sort of servers, storage and tape libraries form different vendors are connected.

I would like to remove 16 port 4 Gbps switches from SAN and implement two new HPE SN3000B with FOS 8.2.2b.

Current firmware is 6.3.2b on all switches and newest I can download is 7.4.2d and 7.4.2f.

How can I check compatibility and know for sure it will all work together.

Thanks!

Ivan  

1 REPLY 1
sibierji
Occasional Advisor

Re: SAN switch compatibility, Brocade

Dear Group, As of late we update firmware (FOS) of our two IBM 2498 B24 Change from 7.4.1d to 7.4.2d. Everything working fine with the exception of EZmanager (EZswitchsetup). Ezmanager working fine with 7.4.1d however not in 7.4.2d . To get to web apparatus in FOS 7.4.2.d we need to put underneath URL in program physically (Still we get Advance administration however not Ezmanager-Fundamental managment). http:\\IP_of_Switch\switchExplorer.html Already in FOS 7.4.1d , ip of SAN Switch in program divert to EZmanager consol.