HPE Synergy
1755186 Members
4787 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cisco-Synergy 12000 Chassis Ether channel not working.

speneos
Occasional Contributor

Cisco-Synergy 12000 Chassis Ether channel not working.

Hi All

I am having some trouble getting lacp working between my Synergy 12000 Chassis blades running VMware ESXI (7 or using 10gb Pass through modules to my Ciscso 9500 switches. I have this working perfectly well on many BL460c blades and various cisco switches using the recommended setings from Vmware (ip hash, ip-src-dst load bal, mode on) on a standard vSwitch. Howerver, this just doesnt want to work on our new Synergy SY480 Gen10 blades. Simulating pulling network cables that are part of the etherchannel just causes the management IP to become unavailable.. The cisco switch reports that both interfaces are sucessfully bundled in the etherchannel OK.  But by taking down the active switch port thats being is is used by the blade to answer managment IP,  the second interface never takes over.  This same switch has working etherchannels to BL460C blades using 10gb Pass throughs on the c7000 chassis. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
SheikhMoin
HPE Pro

Hello,  we have sent a private message please check and share the details.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Tim__Lawhead
Frequent Advisor

Just curious, what was the resolution to the issue?

speneos
Occasional Contributor

Hello
I'm not sure we found a solution here. We believe that the support of this on the vsphere side was discontinued by VMware in v7/V8.

If you find a solution imwould.be interested to know

Thank you
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.