1542 Online
109061 Solutions
New Discussion

Composer2 version and EOSL of Synergy 480 Gen 9 vs ynergy 480 Gen 10

ogleo
Advisor

Composer2 version and EOSL of Synergy 480 Gen 9 vs ynergy 480 Gen 10

Hello evrybody,

I know that HPE Synergy Service Packs (SSPs) released after 2022.08.01 will not support HPE Synergy Gen9 servers like below:
https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?softwareId=MTX_7675e41fe37845bea2b8270b4f

In this situation I have a question because I have different servers in my synergy environment like Synergy 480 Gen 9 and Gen 10.
In this situation last firmware for Synergy 480 Gen 9 is "HPE Synergy Service Packs (SSPs) released after 2022.08.01"  but I need to update my firmware on Composer2.
Which version of firmware Composer2 support Synergy 480 Gen 9 and Gen 10?

Can I have store SPP for Gen9 and stiil upgrade Composer2 and SPP for rest of my Synergy environment like Gen10 to latest version??

3 REPLIES 3
DanCernese
HPE Pro

Re: Composer2 version and EOSL of Synergy 480 Gen 9 vs ynergy 480 Gen 10

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00129455en_us

The Composer is not specifically tied to any Gen9/other support except through the firmware bundle supported with the HPE OneView version.

The Composer2 has sufficient space to store multiple SSPs, but the Composer (1st gen) does not because they grew too large.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Rama2
HPE Pro

The above statement holds good.

NOTE: The last HPE Synergy management appliance version to include HPE Synergy Gen9 support is HPE Synergy Composer (HPE OneView) 8.0.

If Gen 9 Compute Modules and Gen 10 Compute Modules in a Synergy environment are in independent logical enclosures, then apply SSP 2022.08.01 and associated hotfixes to the logical enclosures comprising only Gen 9 Compute Nodes. For logical enclosures comprising Gen 10 or later Compute Nodes, apply SSPs per normal procedure.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DanCernese
HPE Pro

This is incorrect NOTE: The last HPE Synergy management appliance version to include HPE Synergy Gen9 support is HPE Synergy Composer (HPE OneView) 8.0."

I have had asked for it to be fixed last November but we have not republished all the places it was mentioned, however I see it has not been removed from the firmware comparison pages.  This note will be removed within the next week or two.

It should be HPE OneView 8.30

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo