New Discussion юеВ

After Update from 7.3 (E0605P04) to 7.3 (E0703) IMC Webpage not working

SOLVED
Go to solution
THI_EI
Visitor

After Update from 7.3 (E0605P04) to 7.3 (E0703) IMC Webpage not working

Hi All,

at the start of this week a performed a Update of our IMC installation. Before the update we run IMC 7.3 (E0605P04) with the NTA 7.3 (E0505P02) module. Now we run IMC 7.3 (E0605P04) and the NTA module 7.3 (E0506).

The updates setup run without any error, all IMC process start normally.

But when I try to access the website of my IMC server I got an error. The strange thing is the error message itself тАЬThe page isnтАЩt redirecting properlyтАЭ another browser tells me that there are too many redirects.

Has anybody an idea how to fix that issues?

18 REPLIES 18
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: After Update from 7.3 (E0605P04) to 7.3 (E0703) IMC Webpage not working

Hello,

Are you running on a non-English Windows OS? Please check the DMA on your IMC server. On the processes tab, I suspect the "jserver" process has not started (that's the web interface process).

If that's the case, there is a known issue on 7.3 E0703 in regards to this.

Here is the solution:

1. Open Windows CMD as Administrator and navigate to "iMC\client\bin"
  2. Run the command: cacls jmx.password /P [admin group name]:F // replace [admin group name] with the non-English equivalent of the Administrators group depending on your OS language (see also https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/language/search )
  3. Restart IMC via DMA and the "jserver" process should now start up successfully

Note: If the "cacls" command is not found, you need to make sure that "Windows\system32" is part of your command-line %PATH%, as cacls is a Windows file system permission editing command.

Note 2:  You could also run the same command with "icacls" instead. The end result should be the Administrators group having Full Control over the jmx.password file.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
THI_EI
Visitor

Hello Justin,

thank your for your quicke replay.

All the server for IMC are running on a english OS Version.

Here you can see thaht all prosess a started.

IMC Processes

Have your other suggestion?

best regards,

Florian

jguse
HPE Pro

Hi Florian,

I'm not familiar with any such issue yet. While I can't ask you to post any logfiles here, do have a look in your iMC\client\log\imcforeground.log (the jserver 'web interface log') and see if you can find any errors around the time when you are trying to connect to the web interface that might shed light on what is happening here. If necessary you can also set it to debugging via System Configuration > Log Configuration > jserver process to DEBUG temporarily, which will provide more extensive output in the log.

Have you tried using both HTTP and HTTPS, different browsers and from a different client/directly on the IMC server? I recall seeing an error about 'too many redirects' on a system where I had set HTTPS only, and then tried connecting via HTTP.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
Guillaume_26
Occasional Advisor

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your tips, it's strange because when displaying ACL administrators groups have Full rights...
Unfortunately, jserver start correctly but login webpage still not display...

2019-06-06 15:02:06 [INFO ] [pool-11-thread-1] [com.imc.fault.browser.func.FaultBoardMgrImpl::updataFaultDataNew]  sourceSeq.size() = 1
2019-06-06 15:02:06 [INFO ] [pool-11-thread-1] [com.imc.fault.browser.func.FaultBoardMgrImpl::updataFaultDataNew] =static source type 0 data.start. 
2019-06-06 15:02:06 [INFO ] [pool-11-thread-1] [com.imc.fault.browser.func.FaultBoardMgrImpl::updataFaultDataNew] source type 0 has no data.
2019-06-06 15:02:11 [INFO ] [Thread-27] [com.imc.plat.proxy.https.HttpProxyService$2::run] Working threads count=0
2019-06-06 15:02:12 [INFO ] [pool-11-thread-1] [com.imc.fault.browser.func.FaultBoardMgrImpl::updataFaultDataNew]  sourceSeq.size() = 1
2019-06-06 15:02:12 [INFO ] [pool-11-thread-1] [com.imc.fault.browser.func.FaultBoardMgrImpl::updataFaultDataNew] =static source type 0 data.start. 
2019-06-06 15:02:12 [INFO ] [pool-11-thread-1] [com.imc.fault.browser.func.FaultBoardMgrImpl::updataFaultDataNew] source type 0 has no data.
2019-06-06 15:02:13 [WARN ] [http-nio-8443-exec-8] [com.imc.servlet.filters.UrlAccessController::doFilter] Access URL With No OperatorInfo: /imc/login.jsf?null from 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
2019-06-06 15:02:13 [INFO ] [http-nio-8443-exec-8] [com.imc.res.device.dao.ResUsedLicenseCount::getUsedCount] resp.vcfPECount is : 0
2019-06-06 15:02:13 [ERROR] [http-nio-8443-exec-8] [com.imc.common.ex.ErrorPageBean::checkLoginErrorException] ErrorPageBean find error : java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null]; error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.WrongArgumentException: Malformed database URL, failed to parse the connection string near ';useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true'.); nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.WrongArgumentException: Malformed database URL, failed to parse the connection string near ';useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true'.)
	at com.imc.component.beanmethod.BeanMethod.executeBeanMethod(BeanMethod.java:120)

Here is the imcforeground beginning log.
Database is MySQL 5.7.9, i update mysql to 5.7.26 error sitll occurs.

Regards,

THI_EI
Visitor

Hi Justin,

I found the same error messange in my log. I┬┤m running MySql server version 5.6.44.0 and i normaly use the website over HTTP (8080).

2019-06-06 14:35:18 [INFO ] [pool-11-thread-1] [com.imc.fault.browser.func.FaultBoardMgrImpl::updataFaultDataNew]  sourceSeq.size() = 1
2019-06-06 14:35:18 [INFO ] [pool-11-thread-1] [com.imc.fault.browser.func.FaultBoardMgrImpl::updataFaultDataNew] =static source type 0 data.start. 
2019-06-06 14:35:18 [INFO ] [pool-11-thread-1] [com.imc.fault.browser.func.FaultBoardMgrImpl::updataFaultDataNew] source type 0 has no data.
2019-06-06 14:35:21 [WARN ] [http-nio-8080-exec-10] [com.imc.servlet.filters.UrlAccessController::doFilter] Access URL With No OperatorInfo: /imc/login.jsf?null from 10.151.240.30
2019-06-06 14:35:21 [INFO ] [http-nio-8080-exec-10] [com.imc.res.device.dao.ResUsedLicenseCount::getUsedCount] resp.vcfPECount is : 0
2019-06-06 14:35:21 [ERROR] [http-nio-8080-exec-10] [com.imc.common.ex.ErrorPageBean::checkLoginErrorException] ErrorPageBean find error : java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null]; error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.WrongArgumentException: Malformed database URL, failed to parse the connection string near ';useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true'.); nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.WrongArgumentException: Malformed database URL, failed to parse the connection string near ';useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true'.)
	at com.imc.component.beanmethod.BeanMethod.executeBeanMethod(BeanMethod.java:120)
	at com.imc.component.beanmethod.BeanMethod.encodeEnd(BeanMethod.java:79)

Best regards,

Florian

jguse
HPE Pro

Hi Florian,

That looks like it could be a new bug related to IMC's use of the MySQL JDBC connector:

failed to parse the connection string near ';useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true'

The connector is using a newer version since the E0703 switch to OpenJDK and thatcould be the culprit if it's a parameter that's no longer supported by the new connector.

One more thing you can check is the deploy\log\dmalog.txt. Do you see any error like:

Caused by: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.InvalidConnectionAttributeException: The server time zone value 'CEST' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

Just checking if you might be running into an issue matching what was mentioned in the other upgrade issue post here, also related to MySQL JDBC connector.

Otherwise I think you should open a support case to look into this further.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
Guillaume_26
Occasional Advisor

Justin,

Thank you for your response.
I have the same error  in dmalog.txt after E0703 installation. Installer canot connect ot database.

I need to set a default-time-zone settings in MySQL server ("+00:00")

@Florian, please keep up to date if you open a case.

Thank you !!

Best regards,

Guillaume

THI_EI
Visitor

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the information and the help so far. A new bug wasn┬┤t the latest update was not the answer I was hoping for. 

So far i found not a massage identical to the mentioned one.  But I keep digging for a bit.

So far I think we had not any problems related to a MySQL connectors.

I will keep this thread updated to the latest developments.

Best regards,

Florian

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Regarding the MySQL Timezone issue, here is a workaround for now:

1) Login to MySQL command line (as root)
2) SET GLOBAL time_zone = '+3:00'; 
(where '+3:00' should be changed to this server's timezone offset) 

See also https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26515700/mysql-jdbc-driver-5-1-33-time-zone-issue

Florian, please feel free to reference the post in your support case. We should have this looked at by Engineering asap.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo