4898 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Change Device IP in HP-IMC

ctc-edvadmin
Frequent Visitor

Change Device IP in HP-IMC

Hello,

I want to know how to change the device-ip in HP IMC.

I´ve read this post:

http://www.netopscommunity.net/forums/-/message_boards/message/39312

With this guide the change of the device-ip will be made.

After this, the device is pingable from IMC, but testing the SNMP-connection will result in an error.

I think the old device-ip is still somewhere in the dabase?

When I role back the device-ip-change, everything is fine and modifiing snmp-labels will work.

I hope somebody can help me.

The other way will be deleting the whole device and discover it with new ip. But then my historical data will be lost.

Regards,

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
SergeyPankratov
Respected Contributor

Re: Change Device IP in HP-IMC

Hello Michael,

This is the forum for NNMi questions. I doubt IMC experts monitor this forum. NNMi and IMC are totaly different products.

Best regards,

Sergey Pankratov
HPE Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HPE
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember
to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation
AlexisKoch
Advisor

Hello,

I got this need to. I'm changing the subnet of my switches and don't want to loose the saved configurations, performance views etc. And I don't like touching the DB...

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

@AlexisKoch wrote:

And I don't like touching the DB...

Guess you're going to have to decide what matters more then: Keeping the old data, or getting over your fear of the DB. Working with databases isn't that big a deal. Ultimately there's nothing magic about them. 

If you have spare node licenses, you could unmanage the existing device, and add a new device with the new IP. It won't match things up, but you'll still have old data there in case you want to go back and look at it.

AlexisKoch
Advisor

Thank you Lindsay, I followed the instructions you left there:

http://www.netopscommunity.net/forums/-/message_boards/message/61737

I've changed 1 IP in the DB. For now, everythink is OK. I'll wait a few days before doing the 80 others.