108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Count all active switch ports in a campus using IMC

elliepet
Regular Visitor

Count all active switch ports in a campus using IMC

Hello all,

I would like to use IMC 7.2 to calculate statistics such as:

- count all physical switch ports from 65 switches in a campus (all HP switches but different types)
- count all active switch ports at any given time

The interface list of a switch includes not only physical ports but loopback interfaces too, something I would like to exclude. 

Thank you very much for your help!!

6 REPLIES 6
ibias
Regular Advisor

Re: Count all active switch ports in a campus using IMC

at the moment there is only an unused ports report per device available. The only way I see is to create your own report with iAR, but iAR is not so easy and expencive for one report.

elliepet
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply!

Can you please specify which is the unused ports report you refer to? Is the Interface Connectivity Summary Report?

We are not familiar with iAR..

AbeAbe
Trusted Contributor

Hi, 

if you donтАШt need a report, you can get this info from an advanced search, see attachment.

hth

Alex

elliepet
Regular Visitor

Thank you!!

Exactly what we needed. If it was possible to excract this information to a file it would be perfect.

Anyway, we can work with this.

reybilan
Visitor

Is there  a way to get an unused interface report on all or selected switches and not go through the process of choosing one by one?

rey bilan
jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

There's a report template available via Report > Report Templates (V2 Template) > Capacity Report V2 which generates a list of all your devices and how many unused (Down) ports are available on them. It's only available for all devices and not specific ones, but you could always export that report to one of the many formats available (like xls or csv) and then sort/filter that in some external software.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo