3517 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE Intelligent Management Center link up down warning

Hugo_Ferreira
Frequent Visitor

HPE Intelligent Management Center link up down warning

Hi friend,

I'm facing an issue with HPE IMC. I'm getting a lot of warnings for links up/down and I'm not interested on get those. Because, every time someone disconnect the laptop, I receive a warning.

I already configured a trap filter, already select the filters at System Settings for Interface UP/DOWN Alarm, already configured a filter to batch operation, but I'm still receiving the warnings.

There's any other configuration I'm missing? Do I need some configuration in the switch?

My HPE IMC version is 7.2.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks for your patience

5 REPLIES 5
racowi
Frequent Advisor

When you see the alarm in display, what is the type of the alarm, IMC, trap or syslog? 

Hugo_Ferreira
Frequent Visitor

Hi friend,

Thanks for the answer.

I get Syslog messages type.

racowi
Frequent Advisor

If you already created a filter in the Syslog Management > filtering rule, make sure that you have "Receive unmatching syslogs" in the Match Mode.

Hugo_Ferreira
Frequent Visitor

Hi friend,

I check match mode and the warngins have disapeared.

Then i did create a syslog to alarm so i can receive alarms from "Intrusion protection was triggered.", i do have port security configured to max 2 mac account. So i would like to receive syslog to this king of traps. But I wasn't succed.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks a lot.

racowi
Frequent Advisor

OK,
Do you already receive the syslog in the "Browse Syslog" session? If yes, then you can create a alarm from that event. The alarms are for critical, warning, major, minor, info, etc....

Send me the whole Description of the syslog where appear the "intrusion protection", that way I can create a Rule for you.

If you can't see the syslog in the "Browse Syslog" session, then you need to configurate the Device or the Match mode in the Filtering.