1752806 Members
6645 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC: Make a change for all Ports on all Switches (disalble snmp trap Up/Down)

carstro
Occasional Advisor

IMC: Make a change for all Ports on all Switches (disalble snmp trap Up/Down)

Hello,

how can I set a Command to all Ports on all Switches easy with IMC?

We have a lot different Types and sizes of HP A Series Switches. We want to disable snmp trap up/down on all Ports. Can I use a IMC Funktion to do this easy?

After this we want to aktive it only on Uplink ports.

mfg
Carstro

4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC: Make a change for all Ports on all Switches (disalble snmp trap Up/Down)

Hi,

Sure, this can be done with a configuration template.

Attached a small guide I made with a sample snmp updown configuration.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,Peter

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Good stuff Peter.

I guess the challenge is in dealing with a range of different switch types, with different numbers of ports, but your method of using ranges helps a bit.

After all, there's only a certain number of different combinations. Most switches will be handled by just a few combinations, and you can deal with the rest manually.

Another option might be to use the eAPI, but that could take a bit of work working out your code. Depends how many switches you need to configure.

A further option might be to use the global command "undo snmp-agent trap enable standard linkup linkdown"

I'm not 100% certain, but if you do that, you might be able to then go and enable traps on specific interfaces.
carstro
Occasional Advisor

Hello Peter,

wow, thank you. I will give it a try.

mfg

Carstro 

carstro
Occasional Advisor

Hello northlandboy,

thank you. I will try this, too and I will return my Solution later.

mfg
Carstro