1753935 Members
9902 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC on RHEL6.1 iMC-NME-PERF - Performance Management Error (or Oracle Requiement) ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
FelicioGS
Occasional Advisor

IMC on RHEL6.1 iMC-NME-PERF - Performance Management Error (or Oracle Requiement) ?

Looking on log files I found the following error:

On "dmalog.txt":

2013-03-11 13:48:31 [ERROR] [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-5] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.BuildDatabaseTask$DatabaseBuilderWorker::doInBackground(902)] Execute database script error! return value: 4. For details, see log file: /etc/iMC-Reserved/log/dbresult_2013031113482916.log

On the dbresult_2013031113482916.log:

===========SFLOW Create Table ==============
Creating table tbl_nta_conv10mins_if
===============================================

Table created.

create bitmap index ix_tbl_nta_conv10mins_if on tbl_nta_conv10mins_if (collection_time, dev_ip, if_index, is_in)
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Bit-mapped indexes

Searching on web I found some comments that "bit-mapped indexes" requires Oracle Enterprise, but the IMC documentation does not reffer to it, the closest one it's the step on Oracle installation guide where "Enterprise edition" should be selected.

It's required to install the Performance Management Module ?!

TIA,

Felicio Santos.

3 REPLIES 3
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: IMC on RHEL6.1 iMC-NME-PERF - Performance Management Error (or Oracle Requiement) ?

You're not having much luck, are you? 

It looks like that component is used for sFlow/NetFlow analysis with the NTA module. If you're not planning on using that, then you might be OK, but I couldn't guarantee it.

FelicioGS
Occasional Advisor

Definitely the thousands of pages of IMC manuals leave some deployments depending of luck really !

Fortunately (or not), I got approval to restart the deployment on Windows so I think now I will run smoothly and does not bother you my friend (at last I hope so).

Thanks for your attention!

Sincerely,

Felicio Santos.
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You should be fine on Windows - or at least I know I can help out if you're having problems.

If you're doing a remote SQL Server install, there are a few things to watch out for with the install, but I think I've seen most of them, so we should be able to resolve any issues.