1752301 Members
5042 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Assessment for IMC

aali
Frequent Advisor

Network Assessment for IMC

I know that HP IMC is not a true network assessment tool, but it can definitely help some sort of assessment.

I have a customer running a small network with the Core HP 5400zl switch, and 8-10 netgear switches.  He is having some issues and requesting a network assessment.  

Can IMC help with that and what modules will I need  in order to pull the network topology, CPU/Memory statistics, Interface errors/ Interface, bandwidth, latency  load etc.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

IMC Basic or Standard can be used for simple topology, CPU/interface monitoring, etc. No need for any other modules.

You might add NTA if you're doing sFlow/NetFlow analysis.

I might suggest some configuration compliance policies, but with only a few devices, it doesn't matter that much. There's no Netgear config adapter anyway (do the Netgear switches even support a way of pulling off configs?)
aali
Frequent Advisor

I doubt if netgear swtiches support a way of pulling off configs.  I will have to do it manually.

I think all  I need to get SMNP strings from customer to put it in IMC in order to pull topology and CPU/Interface monitoring.