New Discussion юеВ

Re: recognition of IMC switches

SOLVED
Go to solution
AyrtonAG
Occasional Contributor

recognition of IMC switches

good morning,
I have a problem with the HPE IMC, I have 3 switches HP 1920-24G-PoE + (180W) - JG925A and 1 switch HP 1920-48G-PoE + (370W) - JG928A, which when integrated with the IMC does not recognize it as a switch but as a computer and this creates problems for me since I can not manage it or generate a topology.
I would like to know if there is a solution for this or if the model is not available in the IMC.

3 REPLIES 3
SantoshPG
HPE Pro
Solution

HI,

Switches would show up as desktop if there are SNMP communication issue with IMC and the switch.

Check the SNMP read and write community string and see if the correct ones are defined for the switch in IMC. 

Thank you,
I am an HPE employee
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was the post useful? Click on Kudos Thumb below
AyrtonAG
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
Well I am new to these issues and I would like to learn how to make those settings since in the manuals that I have read I can not find that information.
Do you have the solution for that?
I would appreciate it if you could send it to me.
regards

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, not sure - your first message says solved, but just a few minutes ago you asked for more information, so here's an outline:

You will need to set the SNMP access information (READ, WRITE user info) and protocol (V1/V2 or V3) on the various switches. This will be covered in the switch documentation, not the IMC docs.

After you have done that, and added the devices to IMC, set the same information on imc for each device (user, access password etc). Its under configure/modify snmp settings. Its a good idea to create a template  which saves the credrentials so they can be applied easily. There is a Test button so you can confirm that the device can be accessed. 

You can also set the SNMP configuration when adding the device to IMC. All of that is covered in the IMC documentation.

Once IMC can use SNMP to write to the switch, imc can configure other switch features, make backups, install software and read operational data