1753926 Members
8929 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Trap-to-Alarm / Alarms for Switches that have X or less free Interfaces DOWN

SOLVED
Go to solution
bjarne2304
Occasional Visitor

Trap-to-Alarm / Alarms for Switches that have X or less free Interfaces DOWN

Hello there,

I'm fairly new to the IMC, as I just started looking through all the options it offers. I'm currently going through the Alarm section, and I was wondering if and how it would be possible, to make an alarm / notification that triggers when a Switch has X or less interfaces with the link state DOWN.

I couldn't really find anything in the Admin Guide, that says this is possible, although I saw some alarm options (like selecting specific interfaces of Switches), so the question came up in my mind.

Does anyone know more about this?

Kind regards,

Bjarne

Kind regards,
Bjarne Seibel
2 REPLIES 2
jguse
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Trap-to-Alarm / Alarms for Switches that have X or less free Interfaces DOWN

Hello,

I don't think you will be able to trigger an alarm when 'x or less' interfaces are down, as the switches themselves would not send you a trap specifically for that, and the trap-to-alarm / syslog-to-alarm features work by generating alarms when receiving a trap/syslog. There's also built-in polling for things like interface state, but it does not have any functionality to count the up/down interfaces and alarm when X or less interfaces are down.

If you simply want to know whether your switches are running out of interface capacity, there's a Capacity Report in the Report Templates available for that. It shows you how many ports are available on each of your switches.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
bjarne2304
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was looking for actually!

Kind regards,
Bjarne Seibel