New Discussion

HPE-InfoSight-HyperV-Collector-1.1.1074 bug

SOLVED
Go to solution
RVil
Advisor

HPE-InfoSight-HyperV-Collector-1.1.1074 bug

Hi,

Today i upgraded HPE-InfoSight-HyperV-Collector to version 1.1.1074 on Windows 2012r2 server.
I think there is a powershell script bug in this version on 2012r2, because as soon as the script(s) should run the windows process WmiPrvse.exe started to use approx 50% cpu usage on my fysical 2012r2 hyper v hosts with 8 cores.  This caused VM to get extremly high cpu wait time. Trying to live migrate VM between hosts was nearly impossible.  Finally when a fysical host was in Hyper V pause state, a reboot was not possible and i was forced to warm boot the machines.

I have tried upgrade/uninstall/install the new InfoSight-HyperV-Collector - same problem.

Ended up installing the "old" HPE-InfoSight-HyperV-Collector version and it´s working again.

Regards
Robert

3 REPLIES 3
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HPE-InfoSight-HyperV-Collector-1.1.1074 bug

Hi,

Please can you open a case with Nimble Support to debug/troubleshoot this issue.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
RVil
Advisor

already did it  03830402 - though the support person has set the case to resolved. Might have though the resolution to download was enough instead of figure out what causing the PS script to fail.

More a info to others with 2012r2 servers so they do not end up in the same mess.

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Great, thanks.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_